+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How good are my chances?

knoxis

May 21, 2016
Hi guys,
So this is my first time applying for a Canadian study permit. I just finished my IGCSE's at an international school in Malaysia, and want to complete grade 12 in a Canadian high school in order to move on to a Canadian university later on. I'm quite nervous about it, and hopefully some of you here can help me out. My current situation is as follows:
1) I'm a US citizen, 16 years old and my native language is English.
2) I have been accepted to a Toronto high school and have paid the school fees in full and have attached the receipt. I also have enough money in my account to sustain me for my stay in Canada — I have attached the bank statements for this as well.
3) I have no criminal record whatsoever.
4) I do not seem to have any medical conditions as I do not have any of the symptoms of the diseases checked by CIC (HIV, syphillis, Tuberculosis etc...), although just not displaying symptoms alone is not enough to disprove having a disease... :)
5) My family is in Malaysia and I have enough reason to return to Malaysia after studying in Canada.
6) I have submitted all the documents required by CIC, as wells as undergone an upfront medical exam.
7) I have paid the application fees in full via credit card.

Just from your honest point of view, how good do you think my chances are of getting approved? I'm just extremely nervous as I have never done this before, and I'd like to put lessen the tension a bit. :)
Thanks!

adexy

Jan 14, 2016
knoxis said:
Hi guys,
So this is my first time applying for a Canadian study permit. I just finished my IGCSE's at an international school in Malaysia, and want to complete grade 12 in a Canadian high school in order to move on to a Canadian university later on. I'm quite nervous about it, and hopefully some of you here can help me out. My current situation is as follows:
1) I'm a US citizen, 16 years old and my native language is English.
2) I have been accepted to a Toronto high school and have paid the school fees in full and have attached the receipt. I also have enough money in my account to sustain me for my stay in Canada — I have attached the bank statements for this as well.
3) I have no criminal record whatsoever.
4) I do not seem to have any medical conditions as I do not have any of the symptoms of the diseases checked by CIC (HIV, syphillis, Tuberculosis etc...), although just not displaying symptoms alone is not enough to disprove having a disease... :)
5) My family is in Malaysia and I have enough reason to return to Malaysia after studying in Canada.
6) I have submitted all the documents required by CIC, as wells as undergone an upfront medical exam.
7) I have paid the application fees in full via credit card.

Just from your honest point of view, how good do you think my chances are of getting approved? I'm just extremely nervous as I have never done this before, and I'd like to put lessen the tension a bit. :)
Thanks!
very good chance. Rest assured u'll be approved. Goodluck dear.

rajveer14

Feb 18, 2015
just chill bro.if you have good funds to show, and strong ties to your home country and score average or above in your school. you are good to go. rest assured you can be certain that if your profile is arranges good in your application and i do hope that you have filled good documentation in your application, CIC will never reject your application.
so just be positive and be calm.(though it may seem difficult, but get some fresh air and do some sports)