+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW FIND A JOB IN CANADA

diva166

Oct 24, 2013
TCU : To find employment and training service, just follow 3 simple steps on Ontario Employment link:
http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/search.asp

DONATUS

Nov 1, 2013
Hi,my name is mr E.O Donatus I m from Nigeria .I m looking for a job in canda .I m Landscape Architect and Safety Officer, I like my job and I want to find sam job in canada .please write to me if anyone knows anyting about that.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
DONATUS said:
Hi,my name is mr E.O Donatus I m from Nigeria .I m looking for a job in canda .I m Landscape Architect and Safety Officer, I like my job and I want to find sam job in canada .please write to me if anyone knows anyting about that.
I am sure you could have googled that yourself, but here we go

http://www.credentials.gc.ca/immigrants/workbook/sectionc.asp

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
I've always used Kijiji and Craigslist. But don't forget about Workopolis.ca, as they also have job offers. Never really used monsterboard

haroldmiler

Dec 3, 2013
hi to all, I want to share here my Friend request which Female, philippines, she graduated BS accountancy and some experience of Banks and some other firms as well. I want to ask that some tell me that Can she use this education to find the job in Canada????

I601a Waiver | Illegal Entry Waiver

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Depends on the type of job she wants. If she wants to work in accounting, the most she can hope for is accounting clerk or technician but some sort of local education (some college coursework) is needed as taxation system is different in Canada. To be a full scale accountant, accounting analyst or auditor she needs to go through the lengthy process of getting accountant title (taking some university courses to gain the equivalency of BAcc + internship + sit exams). But these kinds of "top" jobs are rarely advertised and people get internally promoted to them. So spending 5 years on lengthy studies and finding yourself with nothing at the end is extremely risky.

On the banking side, she would most probably have to start as customer service rep. But these jobs are not easy to get even for canadian graduates. However if she works at call centre or as a sales rep for about a year + takes a short college course, she will have good chances of securing such job. Then she can progress from that point to advisor posts etc.

In any case, securing any kind of meaningful job in canada for an immigrant (and for locals as well) is extremely difficult.

haroldmiler said:
hi to all, I want to share here my Friend request which Female, philippines, she graduated BS accountancy and some experience of Banks and some other firms as well. I want to ask that some tell me that Can she use this education to find the job in Canada????

I601a Waiver | Illegal Entry Waiver

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
18/01/2014 to NDVO & 03/03/2014 to COLOMBO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks guys fro the useful information !!

:D :D :D

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtone said:
Firstly, you need an education to come here and settle in Canada, like maybe a degree, Masters or PhD, once you have this you can apply to come under the skilled worker category. Once you are here you can drive trucks because your Masters and PhD from Sweden will not be recognized. Unfortunately thats how it works in Canada, many people are doing this and according to the Canadian government there is absolutely nothing wrong with this picture.
The above is BS. Truckdrivers are in demand here. If I had the time, I'd get my license sorted out as it also pays well.

To Saro,

Find out which province you want to move to, then find out the website for their ministry of transportation. On there you should find what you need to know as a foreigner driving trucks in Canada. The big rigs we see here means you must have an AZ license (air brakes).

Roads here are not as good as in europe (I am talking about the highways). They are wider in most places but, the condition is not good. The trucks are nice though.

Most haulage companies won't hire drivers with less than 3 years of experience.

If you have time and are set on moving here, there is a truck show in Fergus, ON, every year. That might be a good time to network. Otherwise, have a look at jobbank.gc.ca which is the government official job website.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I never said truck drivers are not in demand. So wrongly assuming what i said is BS on your part. There is a lot of demand of truck drivers but its not easy for truck drivers from Europe or Asia to immigrate here because to qualify for Canadian immigration point system you need an education and truck driver profession should be listed in NOC. Hopefully you understand what i m saying now

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ketevan said:
I have british MSc and PhD and when I went to the largest recruiting agency in Montreal to apply for bank cashier post (min wage job not requiring any degree) the recruiter said he cannot consider my CV before I bring him a comparative evaluation of diplomas issued by Immigration Ministry (FYI, it takes on average 9-12 months to get it). At the moment I am stuck in call centres, trying desperately to ignore daily insults and de-qualification.
Google could have told you that you can have your credentials transfered. Also, in Canada it is called Resume. If you turn up to an employer with CV in the headline, they will consider you rude for not adapting to the canadian system and your application goes down the bin. That tiny little detail makes a world of difference.

Most of us forget that With such enormous territory, the population of Canada barely exceeds that of Cairo city. With such a small labour market, only the most naive believe that Canada needs skilled immigration.
There is a demand for skilled and unskilled.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtone said:
I never said truck drivers are not in demand. So assuming what i said is BS on your part. There is a lot of demand of truck drivers but its not easy for truck drivers from Europe or Asia to immigrate here because to qualify for Canadian immigration point system you need an education and truck driver profession should be listed in NOC. Hopefully you understand what i m saying now
Again, that's BS.

For starters, the point system is more than likely going to disappear next year so there is no need to take that in to consideration.

Secondly, getting an LMO for truckdrivers is also fairly easy. After a year or two you can then apply for CEC, no education needed. Depending on province, could go for a PNP probably sooner.

The arranged employement stream has been removed so that doesn't apply any longer.

Studying in Canada is most definetly NOT the only way to come here. There are over 60 ways to miigrate to Canada. Pick the one that is most suitable.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats super BS

Can you list "the over 60 ways to come here" numbered in an orderly fashion

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you cite a source to why a truck driver needs a masters or PhD to come here?

I can give you a source to all the immigration information you can find, and it's official.

www.cic.gc.ca

That site has all the information on all the various immigration ways to come to Canada.

Edited to add:

You can also call this guy and ask him about the 60 ways to move to Canada.
http://www.canadavisa.com

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itstime said:
Can you cite a source to why a truck driver needs a masters or PhD to come here?

I can give you a source to all the immigration information you can find, and it's official.

www.cic.gc.ca

That site has all the information on all the various immigration ways to come to Canada.

Edited to add:

You can also call this guy and ask him about the 60 ways to move to Canada.
http://www.canadavisa.com
Again you are assuming.... I didnt say "truck driver needs a masters or PhD to come here". Because its not true. All I said was get an education pass through the points system come here and then drive a truck. Having a Masters or a PhD is not a prerequisite to being a truck driver. Besides if there were so many ways for people to come here then majority of truck drivers from India and China would immigrate in Canada as truck drivers.

You still havent answered my question about 60 ways to come to Canada, you merely gave some website which dosent list the 60 ways. Over that you are asking me to call him?? In that case I can give you the Immigration Ministers website and ask you to call him and ask why a truck driver needs a masters or PhD to come here