+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How fast will the FSWP-2013 reach the cap of 300/5000?

ethan_young

Apr 23, 2013
Hi: I am planning to apply for FSWP-2013 program. However, I will sit for IELTS in June and my papers will not be ready before July. Can anyone tell me if I should apply at all? How fast do can we expect the quota of 300 for each occupation to fill up? Can anyone please answer?

janeyandstuart

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
I wouldn't be optimistic if I were you. There are so many people waiting and ready to submit now.
I'd say your chances are slim but your still have a shot.
If you have a not so popular NOC then still aim to submit. If you have a popular NOC- you'll have to wait til May 2014 to submit.

jakaput

Apr 19, 2013
Even 5000 applicants are submitted on early time of FSWP-2013, we didn't know if they are all qualified. Try to complete your all requirements and submit it as soon as you can. Don't assume your NOC to be filled at early time. Just focus and let it be.... :p

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
ethan_young said:
Hi: I am planning to apply for FSWP-2013 program. However, I will sit for IELTS in June and my papers will not be ready before July. Can anyone tell me if I should apply at all? How fast do can we expect the quota of 300 for each occupation to fill up? Can anyone please answer?
If you ask me, it will be the first to be capped :(, your app should be dispatched maximum by the third week of May'2013...only then you can hope to be the part of process otherwise......i am afraid you stand no chance if you take it that long ! Still if you want to go ahead, all you can do is to keep an eye on the total app submitted against your NOC (can be seen at CIC web site, these are updated probably twice a month), and act accordingly. Hope it helps

stephanie_wg23

Jul 4, 2011
hi everyone. In the application it says 6 photographs of each family member. Since, I am single, no dependants e.g husband and kids. Do I send pictures of my siblings and my parents then. Also, we only need to submit the photocopy of WES report with the application right- not the original? Do let me know please?
Thanks

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stephanie_wg23 said:
hi everyone. In the application it says 6 photographs of each family member. Since, I am single, no dependants e.g husband and kids. Do I send pictures of my siblings and my parents then. Also, we only need to submit the photocopy of WES report with the application right- not the original? Do let me know please?
Thanks
Are you going on your own? Who is coming with you? If you are the only applicant, then no pics of your siblings or parents needed..

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
ethan_young said:
I think one week to fill the noc's in demand, and 3 weeks to reach the 5000 cap. What you people say ?

janeyandstuart

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
I agree. I think the total cap will fill in a month. Some people are saying 4-5 months. I doubt it. There are so many people waiting for so long to apply. But I intend on being one of the 5000!!

mosharafbabu

May 11, 2013
janeyandstuart said:
I agree. I think the total cap will fill in a month. Some people are saying 4-5 months. I doubt it. There are so many people waiting for so long to apply. But I intend on being one of the 5000!!
Yes many people waited for a long time but Much people still waiting for ECA report !!!!

michalovy

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Poland
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-06-2013
guys,

there are generally two approaches you can take. Either you assume that the caps are already filled (or will be filled soon) and give up this year to minimize costs and effort or you assume the opposite - that you still have a chance. IMHO, there is no point in asking when a particular NOC will be filled - no one here has any idea when the caps can be filled. It is possible that they have already gathered 5000 complete applications. But it is also possible that there are so few complete, that they do not see a point in updating the website. If you believe you have a chance, then collect all the documents. If you have doubts, then leave it and wait until the next year or choose a different country. This is how I see it. The choice is yours (ours). :)

RajivShrivastav

Sep 15, 2012
Hello,

I have not been able to locate on CIC website, where I can track the status of number of applications under one NOC category. Can you please send me the link.

Thank for your help

Rajiv

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
RajivShrivastav said:
Hello,

I have not been able to locate on CIC website, where I can track the status of number of applications under one NOC category. Can you please send me the link.

Thank for your help

Rajiv
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stephanie_wg23 said:
Thanks
@stephi
I 've gone thru the same (& many other places in the Forms) being single, my understanding of (CIC) family member/ dependants is that it is related (or restricted) to your spouse and children. Parents/ siblings ain't your dependant/ family member in ordinary circumstances.
Do let me know if you gather some more insights.