+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How far am i from the oath.

world

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Hi,

I gave my citizenship test on Aug 14 2014 and I passed ,Now would like to know how far am I from the oath, can they ask for more documents after the test as well. m from Calgary.

after 3 days of test I called the CIC agent he told me that the file has been approvd, does that mean that the case has been closed or no more documents are asked.
I called the cic agent and he told me case is approvd what does that mean ?

Thanks.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Since your application has been approved, the next step is to wait for the oath letter to come. It will contain the date when you can come in to do your citizenship ceremony and get your certificate after you completed your oath.

Depending on where you are located, you could be waiting a long time or a very short time for the oath letter to come.

Screech339

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
world said:
Hi,

I gave my citizenship test on Aug 14 2014 and I passed ,Now would like to know how far am I from the oath, can they ask for more documents after the test as well. m from Calgary.

after 3 days of test I called the CIC agent he told me that the file has been approvd, does that mean that the case has been closed or no more documents are asked.
I called the cic agent and he told me case is approvd what does that mean ?

Thanks.
Refer to the Calgary Applicants Timeline thread and you will note July 2014 test takers are getting oaths in September 2014..pattern seems to be oath in 45-60 days after the test. All other things being equal you should oath by end of October 2014 but until the day and when you have the certificate of citizenship in your hands you are not over the line. Even then if you withheld or misrepresented any material fact about your application such as a conviction (indictable) CIC have no time limit to commence proceedings for revocation of citizenship.