+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Express entry will affect CEC

vipsv

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Hello All,
I want to apply under CEC in February 2015 as I will be eligible to apply by that time. I have a valid job. Will express entry effects me? Or the procedure will be the same or bit different?

Main question is ; do the employer needs to provide me LMIA or not.?

Please reply......

Thanks in advance

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
This is all we know so far... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

vipsv

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Thanks for reply. I have read this over and over again. But seems like its mainly for Foreign workers or FWS class. ANy information On CEC... ???

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
As far I can understand, Express entry does not replace the existing economic programs (i.e. fswp, fstp, cec). It's a framework on top of the existing programs. Applicants invited to apply have to apply through one of these economic program so the rules for fsw/fstp/cec still apply.

Assumption: I'm assuming that the system will also figure out whether the applicant is qualified for these programs before the ranking decisions is made and the invitations sent out.

Until then, just sit and wait for the rules to come out. Another interesting stuff happening is a webinar on express entry by ICTC explaining how the system is going to work. Event is scheduled on september 17.

Link to webinar info: http://www.ictc-ctic.ca/?p=21727

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kvn said:
As far I can understand, Express entry does not replace the existing economic programs (i.e. fswp, fstp, cec). It's a framework on top of the existing programs. Applicants invited to apply have to apply through one of these economic program so the rules for fsw/fstp/cec still apply.

Assumption: I'm assuming that the system will also figure out whether the applicant is qualified for these programs before the ranking decisions is made and the invitations sent out.

Until then, just sit and wait for the rules to come out. Another interesting stuff happening is a webinar on express entry by ICTC explaining how the system is going to work. Event is scheduled on september 17.

Link to webinar info: http://www.ictc-ctic.ca/?p=21727
It will replace the existing programs.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-presentation.asp

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vipsv said:
Hello All,
I want to apply under CEC in February 2015 as I will be eligible to apply by that time. I have a valid job. Will express entry effects me? Or the procedure will be the same or bit different?

Main question is ; do the employer needs to provide me LMIA or not.?

Please reply......

Thanks in advance

You can apply for CEC under current system till April 2015. No worries. You will be fine as long as you are qualified under current system.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
albertasun said:
You can apply for CEC under current system till April 2015. No worries. You will be fine as long as you are qualified under current system.
From Jan 2015 , Express Entry Starts , How come CEC is valid till April 2015 ? Which current system you are referring to ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-how.asp

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question. :)

If CIC can not finish the process of our 2013, 2014 applicants, will they move our files to the new Express Entry in January 2015? If so, we have to meet those new rules. :'(

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
lhyyym said:
I have a question. :)

If CIC can not finish the process of our 2013, 2014 applicants, will they move our files to the new Express Entry in January 2015? If so, we have to meet those new rules. :'(
Only the applications are received on or after January 1st 2015 will be treat under new express system. If one's application were received on December 31, 2014 by CIC will not considered as express entry.

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, alijumani. If so, we will not be affected by Express Entry. That is good news, or else, our waiting will be waste. :eek:

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think most of the rules they have on the website is referring to people from other countries who have never been in Canada.

I am in the same boat. I will become eligible under CEC in May 2015.

CEC's fundamental benefis are:
- NO LMO or LMIA, as PGWP is an open work permit.
- People who are already in Canada, and got their education/skilled work experience are eligible.

If we have to go through the applicant pool, and try to find a match on the system with an employer who is willing to sponsor the employee through LMO, then that pretty much defeats the purpose of CEC. I'm sure there are tons of graduates like me who graduated this Spring and started working in May 2014.

I really hope there will be exceptions to the rule for people like you and me who invested lots of money into their education, and deserve to live and contribute to this Country.

Please share your thought on this.
Student7872014

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
student7872014 said:
I think most of the rules they have on the website is referring to people from other countries who have never been in Canada.

I am in the same boat. I will become eligible under CEC in May 2015.

CEC's fundamental benefis are:
- NO LMO or LMIA, as PGWP is an open work permit.
- People who are already in Canada, and got their education/skilled work experience are eligible.

If we have to go through the applicant pool, and try to find a match on the system with an employer who is willing to sponsor the employee through LMO, then that pretty much defeats the purpose of CEC. I'm sure there are tons of graduates like me who graduated this Spring and started working in May 2014.

I really hope there will be exceptions to the rule for people like you and me who invested lots of money into their education, and deserve to live and contribute to this Country.

Please share your thought on this.
Student7872014
Agree with you. I'm not sure how Express Entry is going to work for people who are already in Canada, and have gained experience. It seems like more tailored to those who want to COME to Canada.

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

It will replace the existing programs.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-presentation.asp
Hi PMM,

I think you're mistaken but correct me if I'm wrong. From the link you posted, here's an extract:

Candidates with an ITA will have 60 days to apply for permanent residence through one of four existing economic immigration programs:
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Applicants will need to meet the criteria set out in the immigration program which applies to them

Does this not mean the existing rules will still exist?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
I am also on the same boat too...I am on PGWP and will have 1 year of work experience by Feb 2015. It's 4 months to the start of EE program and there isn't any clear guideline of what they think they want (apart from the 50 NOC codes of course). I'm scared it'll turn into a work in a dark box and the process become unpredictable.

I'm still confused, they say those with current job or job offer are going to be invited short after. Then isn't that includes all CEC applicants since CEC requires 1 year of work in Canada prior to apply? And do we need LMIA or is that only for FSWP/FSTP? I think at this point here we just have to be patient and wait for CIC's announcement. (unless CIC people watch this forum and get back to us, that would be wonderful :D)

To my understanding, EE is on top of the current classes (CEC, PNP, etc.). Essentially we are allowed to apply only when they invite us (as oppose to now, where we can apply as long as all requirements are met)

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
There's no legal mandate requiring CIC to roll out Express Entry right on Jan 1st 2015.

It's their discretion. They may start right away, after a few weeks or even months or whatever they deem necessary.