+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How early can one enter Canada after getting study Visa

Ashapdeep

Nov 14, 2018
Hello all,

I recently got Canada study visa and my my classes are starting from 25th of May, 2020.
I want to ask that how many days early can i go so that the border officers do not send me back to india and book a flight again..
I want to go 25 days earlier..

I also have heard that you can go no earlier than 21 days before your classes start.. .
Classes start-25th may
I want to go on 1st may.

Sunil Vaghani

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Category........
Even I heard that of 21 days, but one of my friend went on 13 Dec and his classes start on 8 Jan and he is in Canada now. So I don't think so there is any problem but make sure you answer well at airport regarding why you came Canada 25 days early.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hello all,

I recently got Canada study visa and my my classes are starting from 25th of May, 2020.
I want to ask that how many days early can i go so that the border officers do not send me back to india and book a flight again..

I also have heard that you can go no earlier than 21 days before your classes start.. .
Classes start-25th may
I want to go on 1st may.
25 days should be fine because I know of few students in my circle here who landed 30 days prior to their class start date but 20-25 days should be date. Just tell them that you have to rent a place, visit college, open bank account etc and hence came early.

Ashapdeep

Nov 14, 2018
25 days should be fine because I know of few students in my circle here who landed 30 days prior to their class start date but 20-25 days should be date. Just tell them that you have to rent a place, visit college, open bank account etc and hence came early.
Hi !
The students you are talking about have gone recently or not ? ..because the 21 day rumour i have heard has just started in september 2019 intake ?
I think i am taking it too seriously

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi !
The students you are talking about have gone recently or not ? ..because the 21 day rumour i have heard has just started in september 2019 intake ?
I think i am taking it too seriously
the last one I heard was in Dec in Saskatchewan and student landed in first week of dec and classes were going to start in first week of jan.

Paras1012

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hello all,

Classes start-25th may
I want to go on 1st may.
In how many days did you get your visa?

Paras1012

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Visa filed on Jan 2
Biometric on Jan 6
Got visa on Jan 9
That’s really fast man, Congratulations. I am planning to apply for my visa next week and yeah regarding your query there’s no time limit but you can go one month before your semesters starts as one my friend did in December but the only issue is that you cant start working before your classes starts so be sure how are you gonna support yourself financially during those days.