+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How early can one apply for a student visa (Canada) Please advise

sk786

Feb 10, 2016
Hi ,

Greetings to all who read this post.

I do hold an LOA for sep2016 already for Masters. as I had applied for last year sep2015 for which I got accepted and given an LOA but due to some unforeseen circumstances I was not able to apply for a visa hence wasn't able to make it for that intake. However, Considering situation then, my university revised an LOA for this year which is fall 2016. Right now I am all set with the documents needed to apply for a visa. My question here is can I apply for visa anytime I can like in April or May 2016. Is it possible to apply so well in advance. Will they accept my application so early ?? because I intend to travel in august. Is it alright with the Canadian Visa consular ?? . I need a genuine and much authentic advise. Cause I live in Kuwait and I have my annual leave from work due in May 2016.
So I was wondering it would be better if I apply in that one month time. As I will be applying from India. and yeah another concern is that my ielts score is valid till Jul2016 and I wana avoid re-appearing ielts.

Kindly advise ASAP,
Anyone's help in this matter will be much appreciated.

Awaiting reply,

regards,

SK

dino_choc

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
Read this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=480&t=15

-----------------------------------------------------------
When should I apply for my study permit?

New rules for prospective international students are now in effect (as of June 1, 2014).

Read about these changes and how they may impact you.

Apply as soon as you receive your letter of acceptance. The times needed to process your application may vary among visa offices. Check our application processing times for details.

sk786

Feb 10, 2016
Hi,

Thank you for your reply, But my question is that, can I file my application for visa in may2016 if my course is suppose to be starting on 06Sep2016. The only reason for rushing is that my ielts score will expire in Jul 2016 and I don't wana take a chance of that being invalid
in the meantime of process.

Kindly advise,

zuif

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3 months! The soonest you can apply is 3 months and CIC recommends applying the soonest - that is, 3 months earlier.

sk786

Feb 10, 2016
So you mean to say that I cannot apply if I want to do in May. But you are saying that I can only apply in june which is the soonest as per guidelines. are you trying to suggest that they wont accept my application for visa if I apply in May or there is a high chance of rejection just because its too early to apply.

Please clarify,

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

sk786 said:
So you mean to say that I cannot apply if I want to do in May. But you are saying that I can only apply in june which is the soonest as per guidelines. are you trying to suggest that they wont accept my application for visa if I apply in May or there is a high chance of rejection just because its too early to apply.

Please clarify,

You can apply anytime, they won't issue visa early. If you landed up in Canada too early, IO at POE have rights to send you back from the airport.

sk786

Feb 10, 2016
I dont want to land early, my only intention for early application is to save my ielts expiration before i apply.
i will travel in end of august anyways. but i was wondering if i can apply and get the visa early that will be more convenient approach.
you said i can apply anytime but they will not issue visa early. this means that they might reject an early application.
or they will give me a post dated visa ?? like they will accept in may but will issue visa starting from june or july.
Is that what you mean ?? . im sorry if i am getting on your nerves .

But thank you for bearing with me.

much appreciation in advance :)

heena1521

Aug 20, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
29-10-2020
Hi Sk,

In my opinion as far as i have consulted people. May is a very appropriate time for anyone who is going for september intake. With my personal interaction with an embassy representative in one edufair they said that as soon as you get the acceptance from the college you can apply for the visa but still i think may will be the best option as i am also gonna do the same . And ya about landing in canada you should go to canada not before two months of you course starting date but as u mentioned u ll be landing in august so its perfectly fine. So
Yala go ahead with your application. All the best

krunal6689

Star Member
Dec 16, 2017
Hi Sk,

In my opinion as far as i have consulted people. May is a very appropriate time for anyone who is going for september intake. With my personal interaction with an embassy representative in one edufair they said that as soon as you get the acceptance from the college you can apply for the visa but still i think may will be the best option as i am also gonna do the same . And ya about landing in canada you should go to canada not before two months of you course starting date but as u mentioned u ll be landing in august so its perfectly fine. So
Yala go ahead with your application. All the best
I got admission for May 2019 intake so when should i apply for visa.? Is too early application cause problem?

The.hacker

Star Member
May 19, 2018
You can apply anytime there is no issue.. as per cic they say as soon as you receive your offer letter you can apply for study visa

Arsh pannu

Aug 6, 2019
Hi,
I am planning to apply for visa in august for january batch .does it cause any issue of early application . Please reply

hdpatel1991

Sep 21, 2019
Hi Arsh Panna,
Can you share your experience ? Did you apply in August for January intake ? Did they accept it and when did you get the visa ?