+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How early can I fly to Canada with a Letter of Acceptance?

rednessjunk

Jul 1, 2022
Hello.

If, for example, I have classes starting on March 1 2023 how early can I fly to Canada? Would I get in trouble if I flew there as early as January 2023?

I'm not seeing any official instructions regarding this so I figured to ask here.

wakongah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
The guideline I believe is 28 days before your program starts but some people claim to have been allowed to enter earlier while some have been denied entry and told to come back closer to their start date.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
IRCC states that you should arrive with enough time to do the things you need to do prior to the start of your program. The one-month criteria changed but every recommendation I've read tells you to arrive no earlier than one month to avoid any issues. If you arrive earlier, prepare to show additional funds (for the months you will be there without studying) and you should have a good reason for traveling early. You can search the forum and you'll find people have entered 2 or 3 months earlier with no issues, but they do say they had to answer additional questions.

rednessjunk

Jul 1, 2022
The guideline I believe is 28 days before your program starts but some people claim to have been allowed to enter earlier while some have been denied entry and told to come back closer to their start date.
What guideline?

On the official IIRC website it says " no set time frame for you to arrive in Canada ".

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
What guideline?

On the official IIRC website it says " no set time frame for you to arrive in Canada ".
4 weeks is a risk free entry as a general rule. If you start fishing over here on the forum you will came across incidents where a fee were sent back and were told to come back a month before and a few were lucky havent had any issue regarding an early arrival.
however must be having sufficient fund to live thru that gap phase