+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Does the Working Holiday VISA Invitation Work?

TheDogLover

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
If I applied recently, would I be in the NEXT round or when??
It says:
Chances of receiving invitation is VERY LOW

Quota: 6,500
First round of invitations: November 20-24, 2017
Final round of invitations: To be announced
Invitations issued to date: 174
Spots available: 6368
Candidates in the pool: 2,342

The data for this category are based on the information available on Jan. 26, 2018.

I do not understand the meaning. Does this mean the chances of me receiving is very low?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If I applied recently, would I be in the NEXT round or when??
It says:
Chances of receiving invitation is VERY LOW

Quota: 6,500
First round of invitations: November 20-24, 2017
Final round of invitations: To be announced
Invitations issued to date: 174
Spots available: 6368
Candidates in the pool: 2,342

The data for this category are based on the information available on Jan. 26, 2018.

I do not understand the meaning. Does this mean the chances of me receiving is very low?
There are 2342 people in the pool and it seems they are only issuing a few hundred invitations each round, so yes, chances are very low that you will receive an invite in the next round.

TheDogLover

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
There are 2342 people in the pool and it seems they are only issuing a few hundred invitations each round, so yes, chances are very low that you will receive an invite in the next round.
What month should I know by to find out if I got selected or not if I applied yesterday?

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
What month should I know by to find out if I got selected or not if I applied yesterday?
The rounds of invitations should end by the november or december period unless your pool runs out of invities before then which seems very likely. I would keep your profile in there just in case but to expect the worst. What citizenship are you and do you have another citizenship that you can use to apply for the visa?

TheDogLover

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
The rounds of invitations should end by the november or december period unless your pool runs out of invities before then which seems very likely. I would keep your profile in there just in case but to expect the worst. What citizenship are you and do you have another citizenship that you can use to apply for the visa?
Japan..do you mean that I would have to wait until nov or dec if I applied yesterday? I’m confused

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Japan..do you mean that I would have to wait until nov or dec if I applied yesterday? I’m confused
You've applied for a POOL, not submitted an actual application. Names are randomly chosen from the pool. It is entirely possible to sit in the pool the entire year and not get chosen.

Reactions: scylla

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Exactly what Canuck said. It's basically a lottery system. Invitations are sent out every Monday (Canada time) and you have a chance of being picked every draw. Your chances of being picked are dependant on how many slots are left and how many people are also in the pool waiting for an invite. I submitted my hubby's IEC profile to the pool a few weeks ago. The next day, I received an invitation to apply. Meanwhile, someone who could have been in the pool for weeks, might not have received an invitation still. It's pretty much all luck once you've submitted your profile. If you don't receive an invite though by November, you need to wait for next year's pool to open up and submit your profile again.

TheDogLover

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
Exactly what Canuck said. It's basically a lottery system. Invitations are sent out every Monday (Canada time) and you have a chance of being picked every draw. Your chances of being picked are dependant on how many slots are left and how many people are also in the pool waiting for an invite. I submitted my hubby's IEC profile to the pool a few weeks ago. The next day, I received an invitation to apply. Meanwhile, someone who could have been in the pool for weeks, might not have received an invitation still. It's pretty much all luck once you've submitted your profile. If you don't receive an invite though by November, you need to wait for next year's pool to open up and submit your profile again.
I’m trying to go to Canada during this summer. I heard it takes 8 weeks average to get a response. So when it comes to this, there is no time frame? I can receive it within 2 months from now or the end of this year? Also even if they don’t choose me, would I still get an email from them?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I’m trying to go to Canada during this summer. I heard it takes 8 weeks average to get a response. So when it comes to this, there is no time frame? I can receive it within 2 months from now or the end of this year? Also even if they don’t choose me, would I still get an email from them?
No time frame. They won't contact you if you are not chosen from the pool.

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
The 8 weeks processing time refers to after you submit your application. Receiving an invitation to apply isn't included within this time frame as you haven't actually submitted your application yet. The process goes like this: Do eligibility questionnaire -> Submit profile to pool -> Receive Invitation to Apply -> Submit application (8 week processing time starts here) -> Wait for IEC approval

There is no real time frame for receiving an invitation to apply though. A lot of people don't receive invitations at all. With your pool having a very low chance of being issued an invitation, I wouldn't get my hopes up at all.

Reactions: scylla

TheDogLover

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
The 8 weeks processing time refers to after you submit your application. Receiving an invitation to apply isn't included within this time frame as you haven't actually submitted your application yet. The process goes like this: Do eligibility questionnaire -> Submit profile to pool -> Receive Invitation to Apply -> Submit application (8 week processing time starts here) -> Wait for IEC approval

There is no real time frame for receiving an invitation to apply though. A lot of people don't receive invitations at all. With your pool having a very low chance of being issued an invitation, I wouldn't get my hopes up at all.
One of the international agency employees applied for me for the pool thing and I’m supposed to pay him if I win and don’t pay if I don’t win. What should I do if I want to change my mind and want an international co op visa instead since there’s no time frame? I didn’t know there was no time frame

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
One of the international agency employees applied for me for the pool thing and I’m supposed to pay him if I win and don’t pay if I don’t win. What should I do if I want to change my mind and want an international co op visa instead since there’s no time frame? I didn’t know there was no time frame
Do you meet the co-op visa requirements? You must meet all of the following:
  • You’re a student registered at a post-secondary institution
  • You have a job offer for a work placement or internship in Canada
  • You need to do this work placement or internship to complete your studies
  • You’ll work for the same employer in the same location during your stay in Canada

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
You really shouldn't pay an agent for this. It's a simple enough process to do on your own. Using an agent is a HUGE waste of money IMO.

I'm assuming you want to work and live in Canada temporarily since you're trying for an IEC visa. There really aren't any good options for you in such a tight time frame. Even if you could find an employer to sponsor you for a work permit, I don't think there's much of a chance of it coming through before summer. That's assuming it gets granted in the first place too. There are medical checks and police checks that you'd need to do and it's a pretty long process.

If you're just visiting Canada though and aren't planning on trying to find work, you can just enter Canada on your Japanese passport since Japan is a visa exempt country.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Do you meet the co-op visa requirements? You must meet all of the following:
  • You’re a student registered at a post-secondary institution
  • You have a job offer for a work placement or internship in Canada
  • You need to do this work placement or internship to complete your studies
  • You’ll work for the same employer in the same location during your stay in Canada
1, There is no co-op for Japanese, only working holiday

TheDogLover

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
I see they updated on the site a couple days ago and it says “fair” for where it says “chance of receiving an invitation for the next round.” And it changed to 194 instead of 174 for the invitation. Does that mean I have a fair chance of winning? I’m confused because last time it said “very low chance”