+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does one exactly prove their relationship with their best friend?

LoverCat91

Jul 24, 2018
On the Visitor Visa application it says I have to prove my relationship to the host that is inviting me, in this case it is my best friend who is inviting me to her wedding. And on the instructions it says that all I need to do is upload a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter's passport showing the inviter's parents, if applicable and the other instructions is only applicable to marriage partners and parents. But is it a good idea to upload any other evidence? And if so which type of evidence would be best?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
On the Visitor Visa application it says I have to prove my relationship to the host that is inviting me, in this case it is my best friend who is inviting me to her wedding. And on the instructions it says that all I need to do is upload a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter's passport showing the inviter's parents, if applicable and the other instructions is only applicable to marriage partners and parents. But is it a good idea to upload any other evidence? And if so which type of evidence would be best?
Proof of relationships matter when the hosts are family members, and not for friends.

That said, you can include a couple of emails to prove you have previously interacted with your host.

You would also include copies of your friend's passport (bio pages) + his/her immigration status + if s/he is okay with sharing personal financial documents then the NOA, bank statements, etc (but you must prove you can pay for the visit with your finances)

Reactions: Naname

LoverCat91

Jul 24, 2018
Proof of relationships matter when the hosts are family members, and not for friends.

That said, you can include a couple of emails to prove you have previously interacted with your host.

You would also include copies of your friend's passport (bio pages) + his/her immigration status + if s/he is okay with sharing personal financial documents then the NOA, bank statements, etc (but you must prove you can pay for the visit with your finances)
Yeah, it's rather complicated because on my submissions it says that proof of your relationship is definitely one of the things required.

Would WhatsApp chats count as proof of a relationship? XD

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah, it's rather complicated because on my submissions it says that proof of your relationship is definitely one of the things required.

Would WhatsApp chats count as proof of a relationship? XD
I wouldn't focus too much on proving the relationship. Instead I would focus on proving you have a valid reason to visit + strong ties to your home country.

WhatsApp/other chat transcripts are important for spousal PR applications, not when friends invite friends as visitors. A couple of emails, or maybe a couple of photographs would suffice. If these proofs are not available then the invitation letter from your friend would be a good substitute on its own

statemoni

Sep 30, 2021
Can I upload The invitation letter at the proof of relationship as I have already uploaded at the invitation letter section.

I am visiting a friend and they asked me proof of relationship