+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does CIC notify of visitor extension decision?

zajirima

Nov 8, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2012
Anybody know how CIC notifies you of their decision to extend visitor status for U.S. citizens in Canada? This visitor extension application was made by mail (vs. electronic application). We got an XpressPost notice in our mailbox that a letter is ready for pickup from post office but requires a signature. Wondering whether this is their decision. I would like to delay picking it up just in case it's their decision and the request for extension was denied!! We applied for extension on Nov 10, 2012.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
They mail the extension ( Visitor Record ), but why are you delaying it? even if it was denied - you have 6 months from original entry
But I have always recieved it via regular post in the mail - perhaps the post office didnt wanna put it there so needs sig to pick up
CIC had made their decision, it doesn't change anything if you don't pick it up

You will probably have a chuckle that it includes the extension

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
zajirima said:
Anybody know how CIC notifies you of their decision to extend visitor status for U.S. citizens in Canada? This visitor extension application was made by mail (vs. electronic application). We got an XpressPost notice in our mailbox that a letter is ready for pickup from post office but requires a signature. Wondering whether this is their decision. I would like to delay picking it up just in case it's their decision and the request for extension was denied!! We applied for extension on Nov 10, 2012.
Not sure why they want you to sign for it. They usually mail it to me. I've never gotten any kind of notification. One day the VR shows up in my mailbox. (MyCIC status never ever updated either.)