+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do you know your file has been transferred?

kbsunshine15

May 2, 2013
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application in December, my file was returned to my bf in Canada in January cause I missed one of the forms. I resent the completed package at the end of January. We got the first stage approval on February 7th. My bf lives in Montreal, so I have to apply for my CSQ. Received my CSQ on April 17th. On my part of ecas, it only show application received December 5th, medical results received. I've been surfing on the forum, many people knows the date when their file has transferred. My question is, where do you get that info? My visa office is Los Angeles, thank you.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
It should say on your sponsorship approval if you got one. Not everyone does though.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
kbsunshine15 said:
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application in December, my file was returned to my bf in Canada in January cause I missed one of the forms. I resent the completed package at the end of January. We got the first stage approval on February 7th. My bf lives in Montreal, so I have to apply for my CSQ. Received my CSQ on April 17th. On my part of ecas, it only show application received December 5th, medical results received. I've been surfing on the forum, many people knows the date when their file has transferred. My question is, where do you get that info? My visa office is Los Angeles, thank you.
Some Visa Offices send and AOR and some don't when it gets to the VO. In my case, my VO is London and they do not send AOR's for family class, so I emailed them via the Case Specific Enquiry on the Website and asked and they told me the date.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
some of the VOs dont give AOR for 2nd stage.

there is a thread of LA applicants.. If you want to join that or add yourself in the spreadsheet

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t107613.0.html

kbsunshine15

May 2, 2013
From the letter I received on February 7th, it stated "The application for permanent residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to visa office abroad for further processing." Does that mean my file has been forwarded to LA office? I'm feeling kinda dumb right now, lol...

kissa

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
17-05-2013
File Transfer...
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sent my passport copies with application
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
17-07-2013
kbsunshine15 said:
From the letter I received on February 7th, it stated "The application for permanent residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to visa office abroad for further processing." Does that mean my file has been forwarded to LA office? I'm feeling kinda dumb right now, lol...
Yes! That's what it means. ;)

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
kbsunshine15 said:
I just joined it, thank you. :)
I welcomed you there :)

kbsunshine15 said:
yes .. you can take Feb 7 as your transfer date. (as per letter states)