+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do you get work if you are over 30?

naryn

Jun 9, 2011
I am 32 so i cant get a working holiday visa.
I am single and healthy.
I work in IT designing data centre systems, my job is not on the jobs list.
I have sufficient money.
I have lots of family in Canada for support. But not close family for points or sponsorship.
I didnt go to university.

I have no problems finding work because i have good skills, but no matter how i cook it i cant get the points to pass.

Can anyone advise me how i go about getting work in canada? I just dont know how i am supposed to do it.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whats wrong with where you are working right now? Why cant you stay where you are?

naryn

Jun 9, 2011
Sorry, i thought the answer to that was implicit, i want to live in Canada. I've been visiting for many years...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately there's no quick/easy answer.

Look for jobs on Canadian employment boards and apply for those that fit your skills/experience. Sooner or later you may come across an employer who is willing to go through the trouble of hiring a foreign worker. In short, it's a combination of hard work and luck.

Hope it works out for you!

REYNOLD

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-11
File Transfer...
06-06-11
Med's Request
03-06-11
Med's Done....
03-07-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-11
LANDED..........
Soon in Vancouver
yUP...i agree with scylla...other than seeking for a job there via internet job postings..you hve mentioned that you have lots of money...may be you can apply as an investor, entrepreneur , self-employed..

scylla said:
Unfortunately there's no quick/easy answer.

Look for jobs on Canadian employment boards and apply for those that fit your skills/experience. Sooner or later you may come across an employer who is willing to go through the trouble of hiring a foreign worker. In short, it's a combination of hard work and luck.

Hope it works out for you!

new_2_canada

Apr 25, 2011
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How many points are you short? If the job is not in the list then even having the points wont help, but if the job is in the list and you are short by 5 or less points you can marry and get the points for your spouse, 2nd option is to find a girl who can apply as a PR and you can accompany her as spouse. These are the fastest methods I can think of, but then there will be new list in July.

REYNOLD

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-11
File Transfer...
06-06-11
Med's Request
03-06-11
Med's Done....
03-07-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-11
LANDED..........
Soon in Vancouver
new_2_canada said:
How many points are you short? If the job is not in the list then even having the points wont help, but if the job is in the list and you are short by 5 or less points you can marry and get the points for your spouse, 2nd option is to find a girl who can apply as a PR and you can accompany her as spouse. These are the fastest methods I can think of, but then there will be new list in July.
but you are suggestion "marriage of conveninece' which is not allowed...Can Officers are good in detecting if the marraige is done for this purpose.

new_2_canada

Apr 25, 2011
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No I never said marry a girl from Canada give a divorce to your wife after PR, I am saying find a girl who can qualify and get married to her if you like her as well. I am not sure where you are from and respect your culture but in India 32 is a bit late for marriage and if you are planning on getting married you can plan both the things together.

REYNOLD

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-11
File Transfer...
06-06-11
Med's Request
03-06-11
Med's Done....
03-07-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-11
LANDED..........
Soon in Vancouver
new_2_canada said:
No I never said marry a girl from Canada give a divorce to your wife after PR, I am saying find a girl who can qualify and get married to her if you like her as well. I am not sure where you are from and respect your culture but in India 32 is a bit late for marriage and if you are planning on getting married you can plan both the things together.
oIC that settles it...

tigermom250

Jun 13, 2011
Maybe check after June 26th when CIC releases the new list..maybe the jobs will chage..maybe the points will change