+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do you find your NOC

amidell

Apr 16, 2019
Reference: https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/national-occupational-classification-express-entry/

The easiest way to find your NOC is to visit Job Bank, an online database of job openings that is operated by the federal government. Once there, search for a job opening, but do not try to find an exact job title match. Instead, look for job descriptions that match your experience. When you find one, look for the NOC code listed in the job market information section on the particular job posting page.

The Government of Canada provides a website listing all the NOC codes and includes their title, lead statement, main duties, and employment requirements. On this website, look for your NOC code and check that the lead statement (the first paragraph) and the main duties match your experience. Those two sections are the most important because immigration agents will compare your proof of experience with the descriptions on the NOC page.

Reactions: Rarapuff

lolita12

Oct 28, 2020
Hello.

I need some help.

I am a student advisor in a college with international students and most of my job duties match with NOC 4033-Education Counsellor. However, I was hired without meeting the Employment requirements.

My concern if this NOC would be accepted?

Please advise or if I should use another NOC.

I really appreciate your help.