+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how do I tell CIC that I will not need to continue Visa extension application?

truedream15

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
CIC asked for medical examination (my friend's mom) for the visitor visa extension application while she went back home country already. Did she need to respond to CIC or just ignore it? What is the best way ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CIC asked for medical examination (my friend's mom) for the visitor visa extension application while she went back home country already. Did she need to respond to CIC or just ignore it? What is the best way ?
1. Send them a web form with the date that she left.

truedream15

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
thanks. will this withdraw affect her future entry to Canada? she left after the 6 months allowed time while the application is still in process.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
thanks. will this withdraw affect her future entry to Canada? she left after the 6 months allowed time while the application is still in process.
She was on implied status after the 6 months/while the application was still in process, so all good. You did everything by the book.

truedream15

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
The funny thing is when she sent CIC a Web form saying she will withdraw the application. She got the Approval Letter for the Visitor Record today. It did not mention the ME requirement. Any one knows why?

truedream15

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
If she stayed past the 6 months she is really expected to do the medical.
While she already left Canada while waiting for the decision so there is no meaning to do that, right? She applied before her status expired.
I would think the above member said: "She was on implied status after the 6 months/while the application was still in process, so all good. You did everything by the book. " is right.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
While she already left Canada while waiting for the decision so there is no meaning to do that, right? She applied before her status expired.
I would think the above member said: "She was on implied status after the 6 months/while the application was still in process, so all good. You did everything by the book. " is right.
No if she stayed beyond the 6 months she was already enjoying the extension so needs to do the medical which was one of the requirements to remain over 6 months. Because of covid you may be able to ask for a waiver.

truedream15

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
No if she stayed beyond the 6 months she was already enjoying the extension so needs to do the medical which was one of the requirements to remain over 6 months. Because of covid you may be able to ask for a waiver.
seems it was waived as she got the approval letter without any conditions