+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I sponsor my girlfriend in this situation?

VanHua

Nov 7, 2018
My girlfriend and I (both in mid 20) met each other 7 months ago. Our relationship is truthful and happy but at the time she was under Humanitarian and Compassionate document. Last month she received a letter from IRCC said that her application has been declined and she has to leave Canada within a month. My girlfriend had lived in Canada for almost 7 years, she has lots of friends and a loose relationship with her family in Vietnam. I followed her to Vietnam and helped her settled but it broke my heart to leave after 7 days and she is all alone. We were both very devastated and hopeless. I did some research about common-law/conjugal partner sponsorship, but we are now living in two different countries, there is no way we could co-habitat. How does conjugal sponsorship work out for us? Could she apply for a 6-month visitor visa, live with me, then we both move to Vietnam for 6 more months to qualify? (Her situation is tricky to get a visitor Visa because she has more ties in Canada than Vietnam and also got her PR application denied in the past, we afraid the Canadian embassy in Vietnam will give her a hard time).
Thank you for your help,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My girlfriend and I (both in mid 20) met each other 7 months ago. Our relationship is truthful and happy but at the time she was under Humanitarian and Compassionate document. Last month she received a letter from IRCC said that her application has been declined and she has to leave Canada within a month. My girlfriend had lived in Canada for almost 7 years, she has lots of friends and a loose relationship with her family in Vietnam. I followed her to Vietnam and helped her settled but it broke my heart to leave after 7 days and she is all alone. We were both very devastated and hopeless. I did some research about common-law/conjugal partner sponsorship, but we are now living in two different countries, there is no way we could co-habitat. How does conjugal sponsorship work out for us? Could she apply for a 6-month visitor visa, live with me, then we both move to Vietnam for 6 more months to qualify? (Her situation is tricky to get a visitor Visa because she has more ties in Canada than Vietnam and also got her PR application denied in the past, we afraid the Canadian embassy in Vietnam will give her a hard time).
Thank you for your help,
It is very unlikely that she would be awarded a TRV. Your best option is to get married.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your help,
Conjugal will fail. You need to get married if you want to sponsor her for PR. Zero chance a TRV / visitor visa will be approved given the failed H&C application.

Reactions: k.h.p.

VanHua

Nov 7, 2018
Conjugal will fail. You need to get married if you want to sponsor her for PR. Zero chance a TRV / visitor visa will be approved given the failed H&C application.
Thank you for your reply, do you think it will be okay for us to get marriage that early into the relationship? Plus she was under a spousal sponsorship before as well ( th

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply, do you think it will be okay for us to get marriage that early into the relationship? Plus she was under a spousal sponsorship before as well ( th
IRCC will be looking to see the relationship is genuine. If your girlfriend was previously sponsored through spousal sponsorship (assume that didn't work out) and now also has a failed H&C application, then marrying you quickly may make IRCC concerned this is a marriage of convenience on her end which she is entered into for the main purpose of being able to return to Canada. Marrying after 7 months is pretty fast. If you're willing to wait until your relationship is at least a year old, that would likely be better. But ultimately your call. If you marry now, you should probably expect closer scrutinty of your application / longer processing times and likely a high probability of a relationship interview for your girlfriend.

Reactions: k.h.p.