+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I ship Passport from USA to CA?

rad1234

Jun 26, 2019
Hi All,

I have received notification from IRCC to submit my passport for visa. I live in the US however neither UPS nor Fedex seem to be able to help with generating a prepaid return label from CA to USA as requested by IRCC.

Can one of you please advise on a step by step process to do this?

TIA

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

Another tip, this link sends you FEDEX ship manager lite. Over there you only get options for FEDEX Express and they range from $50 or $60+. I used FEDEX ship manager advanced instead and selected FEDEX Ground, that only cost me $20 (CAD) and it arrived in 3 weekdays. The only downside is that Fedex ground does not deliver on weekends, but I was not in a hurry. With ground shipment you need to select the shipment type or something like that and I selected 'repair and return'.

rad1234

Jun 26, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

Another tip, this link sends you FEDEX ship manager lite. Over there you only get options for FEDEX Express and they range from $50 or $60+. I used FEDEX ship manager advanced instead and selected FEDEX Ground, that only cost me $20 (CAD) and it arrived in 3 weekdays. The only downside is that Fedex ground does not deliver on weekends, but I was not in a hurry. With ground shipment you need to select the shipment type or something like that and I selected 'repair and return'.
Thanks so much. It looks like I need to select a date for the shipment and it allows only 1 week from now as the latest date. is that ok or is there another option i should be looking for?

rad1234

Jun 26, 2019
Thank you! this was super helpful and i think i have finally done it after 3.5 hours of trying :)