Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
Hi, is it possible for me to report someone that is in Canada illegally?

For obvious reasons I won't be specific, but I know for a fact that a friend of a friend of someone very close to me is here illegally. I don't know what he was originally here on, but whatever it was, has expired long ago, yet he is still working illegally under the table. To make matters worse, he is also accepting illegal welfare checks out of Canada from the place he is originally from. I will not say where, but I have lived there before and I am well aware of the laws there and what he is doing is illegal and can land him in jail, given the amount of euros he is illegally acquiring. How he manages to get the money is also something I know. He has also bragged about it when I was around.

I don't think this is fair for the people in his country, and for Canadians in Canada in my country that are qualified and probably can't find work because of people like him. He is not on implied status either.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Mrs.Purcy said:
Hi, is it possible for me to report someone that is in Canada illegally?

For obvious reasons I won't be specific, but I know for a fact that a friend of a friend of someone very close to me is here illegally. I don't know what he was originally here on, but whatever it was, has expired long ago, yet he is still working illegally under the table. To make matters worse, he is also accepting illegal welfare checks out of Canada from the place he is originally from. I will not say where, but I have lived there before and I am well aware of the laws there and what he is doing is illegal and can land him in jail, given the amount of euros he is illegally acquiring. How he manages to get the money is also something I know. He has also bragged about it when I was around.

I don't think this is fair for the people in his country, and for Canadians in Canada in my country that are qualified and probably can't find work because of people like him. He is not on implied status either.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t29361.0.html

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Non of my business, but ever thought of talking to the person directly about this? Rather than going to the Authorities right away?

I know your intentions are good, but this is sort of exactly what happened to the TFW moratorium, a bunch of people thought it was a great idea to complain directly to CIC/HRSDC and now thousands of people are in limbo and might get sent home or will have to go home because of no LMO and obviously no work permit.

Think of the consequences as a whole before you act. Good luck!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might want to report the person for welfare fraud in their home country as well. I am sure their tax payers will be grateful to you.

Navneet bajwa

Dec 2, 2021
I know someone who is staying here illegally from last 2 years, he came as student and got involved in some police issue and didn’t get any legal documents, how can we inform in Ontario as I want to keep my identity anonymous. He is doing something illegal to meet his needs, sharing house with us and trying to harass everyone.

kevindl_1999

Jan 6, 2024
i know for a fact that someone is here illigally in canada he came as a student and never return to his country he now has no SIN number and is working for money under the table he now drive for POPAsharedrive and lives in stratford ontario the reason I know this is his freinds had told me this and also he has told me his self that he can not get a job here since he can not geta sin number, he can only get a sin number when he is going to school

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i know for a fact that someone is here illigally in canada he came as a student and never return to his country he now has no SIN number and is working for money under the table he now drive for POPAsharedrive and lives in stratford ontario the reason I know this is his freinds had told me this and also he has told me his self that he can not get a job here since he can not geta sin number, he can only get a sin number when he is going to school
What is your question.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are interested in reporting them here is the information
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/bwl-lsf-eng.html