+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I know the status of my Travel Document application status??

Riasat94

Feb 16, 2013
I have recently applied for a Travel Document for Canadian Permanent Residents living abroad under H&C grounds. I live in Bangladesh and my application will be processed at the Singapore Visa office. How will I be informed about the decision once it is made? And how long can this take? Also is there any way to submit other documents after the application has bee mailed??

PrincessLuna

Jan 3, 2013
I believe they return you the package if they want more documents.

Btw please keep us informed about how it goes. Would you mind sharing the exact H&C grounds you are mentioning. I am about to go through a similar process.

Riasat94

Feb 16, 2013
Well I was a minor when my parents decided to leave Canada. I posted here explaining my situation and they said that they might consider this. So I explained to them that I was a minor and the circumstances were beyond my control. I turned 18 years of age last year and I applied explaining to them that I want to return as an independent adult. Also, I have an uncle who has been a Canadian citizen for 19 years now, and he and his wife have no children, so he wrote a letter explaining his support (that he will take care of me and support me whenever needed) which I included with my application. Also, I am a good student and have gotten offers and merit scholarships from McGill, Waterloo and UBC which I have also included with my application. So, well this is my situation. Sure hope they consider my whole future depends on it!!! :/ The costs of the universities there for international students if like WOW!! o_O

Do you have any idea how long they will take to make a decision??

adriano_0

Feb 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Riasat94

-I hope you will get a PRTD son.I have search for you on the site of the Embassy of Canada to Singapore and processing time is fast like it shows on embassy site:

Average Processing Time*

Initial Response

5 working days plus delivery time

Hope for the best....

adriano_0

Feb 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just hope for the best for you keep us inform when you received your passport.God bless you.

Sasuki

May 7, 2010
Riasat94 said:
I have recently applied for a Travel Document for Canadian Permanent Residents living abroad under H&C grounds. I live in Bangladesh and my application will be processed at the Singapore Visa office. How will I be informed about the decision once it is made? And how long can this take? Also is there any way to submit other documents after the application has bee mailed??

Riasat94

Feb 16, 2013
I just got my passport back today WITH the required travel document that will allow me to enter Canada as a PR! ;D Thank you everyone for all you help and support!! :)

HOH

Oct 18, 2010
Congratulations.
Have you received any accompanying letter saying that your PR status has been retained along with Travel Document stamped in your passport?

Thanks

HOH

Oct 18, 2010
Could you be more specific please. What did the letter say?
Have you instructed to apply for PR card ?

Thanks

Riasat94

Feb 16, 2013
Yes, they said that the travel document issued is valid for one entry only and that if I wanted another one I may be required to come in for an interview. It warned that I the event that I am asked to come for an interview in the future, normal processing times and conditions wouldn't apply. It said that I should therefore apply for a new PR Card asap. It then went on to provide details about how to apply for a new pr card.

Luckyducky

Apr 13, 2013
Hi Just received my travel document ( same situation as yours) please can you tell me what instructions you received to apply for new PR. I did not receive any instructions.