+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I know if an employer got a positive LMIA ?

amrelec

Jul 6, 2015
Dear All,

In order to get a job offer to increase my points to enter the Express Entry pool or PNP-skilled worker program (which require to have a job offer), how do I know if an employer got a positive LMIA ?

PNP web site says : Priority will be given to workers whose employers:
1-Have made a genuine effort to recruit qualified Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
my comment is (I believe that most of jobs in Canada can be done by a lot of people). So, how that can be made by an employer ?

2-Can demonstrate they will provide additional support to assist newcomers with their settlement needs.

So, the question is How do I know if an employer got a positive LMIA ?
and
What kind of jobs that an employer make a genuine effort to recruit qualified Canadian citizens or permanent resident before hiring foreign workers?

any ideas please ?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you are conflating 2 separate processes:

Each province has its own nomination program & process, I don't know which one you are quoting from, so can't comment on that.

With a few exceptions, to successfully obtain an LMIA in order to employ a temporary foreign worker, an employer must demonstrate that s/he has made every effort to hire a Canadian citizen or PR.

The process involves advertising the job for at least a month (there are strict requirements as to how the advertising must be done), & continue to advertise the job throughout the process. When no suitable CDN or PR can be found, then the employer applies for an LMIA at a cost of 1000$ In order to employ a foreign worker.

amrelec

Jul 6, 2015
Lammawitch said:
I think you are conflating 2 separate processes:

Each province has its own nomination program & process, I don't know which one you are quoting from, so can't comment on that.

With a few exceptions, to successfully obtain an LMIA in order to employ a temporary foreign worker, an employer must demonstrate that s/he has made every effort to hire a Canadian citizen or PR.

The process involves advertising the job for at least a month (there are strict requirements as to how the advertising must be done), & continue to advertise the job throughout the process. When no suitable CDN or PR can be found, then the employer applies for an LMIA at a cost of 1000$ In order to employ a foreign worker.
Sorry I already conflate the two processes but you have answered what I really need. thank you
yes I meant Nova Scotia and Ontario for now.

can you please tell me where I can find these few "exceptions" ?

Thanks a lot.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amrelec said:
Sorry I already conflate the two processes but you have answered what I really need. thank you
yes I meant Nova Scotia and Ontario for now.

can you please tell me where I can find these few "exceptions" ?

Thanks a lot.
LMIA exemptions: NAFTA, Intra-company Transfers, IEC (youth working holiday visas for some countries), etc:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit.asp