+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do i go about sponsoring a caregiver from another country?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Ive tried looking things up and it is pretty convoluted. I am interested in sponsoring someone to be a caregiver for my children from outside canada. Where do i start and what happens next?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ive tried looking things up and it is pretty convoluted. I am interested in sponsoring someone to be a caregiver for my children from outside canada. Where do i start and what happens next?
There are agencies who can help if the process is overwhelming.

Mar 3, 2021
BRAZIL
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Hello, Starnaenae.
About hiring a caregiver overseas, it's very simple, because there's no need of LMIA or any fees for the employer, it's all up to the employee.
Since 2019 there's the new pilot called Home Child Care Provider (for childcare) or Home Support Worker (for eldercare mostly)
All you have to do is:
1) Find an employee (there are many Facebook groups like "Nannies and Moms in Canada", "Toronto Parents", "Moms and Nannies Canada" and websites like Canadian nanny, Nanny.ca, even Au Pair World)
2) After interviewing the caregiver and finding the best fit for your family, you send the caregiver an "OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT", but it must be at least 30 working hours/week, ie, a fulltime job for the caregiver. This form is provided by the Canadian government website with includes information about both you and the caregiver, the conditions and agreements of employment, I'll link the pdf here so you can take a look (you can only open it on a computer, due to the adobe acrobat version needed).
-> The only downside is, due to covid 19 the applications are delayed to be processed.
But I believe it's worthy a go, as long as you will be assured to have someone who:
a) Have proficiency in English or French (a test is demanded to prove that the caregiver can speak one of the official Canadian languages);
b) Have at least one year of post secondary education (Canadian or foreign);
c) Have the experience working as a caregiver (childcare or eldercare);
d) Have all her/his background checked by the government (per example, in one of the many forms that I had to fill for my application, I was asked where I lived since I completed 18 years old, where I worked at, where I traveled to);
e) Have clean criminal records;
f) Is willing to immigrate to canada and possibly will like to stick with your family.

I hope to have helped a bit. I'm not an immigration consultant nor from an agency, but I read a lot about this pilot because I applied for it. Here are the weblinks:
-Offer of employment form: (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/documents/pdf/english/kits/forms/imm5983e.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjc4ri1n67vAhV8IbkGHZrUAHEQFjAAegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw1Z4FKXpqmr1MPUK4tp-PXS)
-Official information about how to hire an overseas caregiver: (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-permanent-foreign/in-home-caregiver.html)
That's it. Best of luck!

Reactions: T365

frange

May 25, 2018
Hello, Starnaenae.
About hiring a caregiver overseas, it's very simple, because there's no need of LMIA or any fees for the employer, it's all up to the employee.
Since 2019 there's the new pilot called Home Child Care Provider (for childcare) or Home Support Worker (for eldercare mostly)
All you have to do is:
1) Find an employee (there are many Facebook groups like "Nannies and Moms in Canada", "Toronto Parents", "Moms and Nannies Canada" and websites like Canadian nanny, Nanny.ca, even Au Pair World)
2) After interviewing the caregiver and finding the best fit for your family, you send the caregiver an "OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT", but it must be at least 30 working hours/week, ie, a fulltime job for the caregiver. This form is provided by the Canadian government website with includes information about both you and the caregiver, the conditions and agreements of employment, I'll link the pdf here so you can take a look (you can only open it on a computer, due to the adobe acrobat version needed).
-> The only downside is, due to covid 19 the applications are delayed to be processed.
But I believe it's worthy a go, as long as you will be assured to have someone who:
a) Have proficiency in English or French (a test is demanded to prove that the caregiver can speak one of the official Canadian languages);
d) Have all her/his background checked by the government (per example, in one of the many forms that I had to fill for my application, I was asked where I lived since I completed 18 years old, where I worked at, where I traveled to);
f) Is willing to immigrate to canada and possibly will like to stick with your family.

I hope to have helped a bit. I'm not an immigration consultant nor from an agency, but I read a lot about this pilot because I applied for it. Here are the weblinks:
-Offer of employment form: (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/documents/pdf/english/kits/forms/imm5983e.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjc4ri1n67vAhV8IbkGHZrUAHEQFjAAegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw1Z4FKXpqmr1MPUK4tp-PXS)
-Official information about how to hire an overseas caregiver: (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-permanent-foreign/in-home-caregiver.html)
That's it. Best of luck!
Do you have any type for an overseas caregiver to find a job in Canada?

Mar 3, 2021
BRAZIL
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Caregiver Pathways
How do i go about sponsoring a caregiver from another country?
Thread starterstarnaenae Start dateMar 4, 2021
Jump to new
Unwatch
starnaenae
starnaenae
Champion Member
Mar 4, 2021
Add bookmark
Like Reactions:You
Like Like ReplyReport
canuck78
VIP Member
Mar 5, 2021
Add bookmark
starnaenae said:
There are agencies who can help if the process is overwhelming.
Like ReplyReport
NayHomeChildCareProvider
NayHomeChildCareProvider
Saturday at 7:58 PM
Add bookmark
Hello, Starnaenae.
All you have to do is:

That's it. Best of luck!
ReplyReport
frange
Today at 4:48 PM
New
Add bookmark
NayHomeChildCareProvider said:
Hello, Starnaenae.
All you have to do is:

That's it. Best of luck!
Click to expand...Do you have any type for an overseas caregiver to find a job in Canada?
Like ReplyReport
Yes, actually I do
1) Look for an employer in facebook groups, similar to my examples above. There are several connecting nannies with families.
2) Don't give up, if you've got experience in caregiving, and wants to immigrate to Canada, do it.
3) Don't let people or yourself discourage you:
"the program is taking too long, they didn't even started processing my application",
"try later when the borders are open, now the program is paused",
"there are many delays due to covid, you won't succeed",
"No one was approved in this pilot since 2019",
"No employer will wait over 12 months for you, they'll just hire a nanny in Canada".
4) Prepare a resume! Even thought you send over 200 resumes to prospective employers and receive many "nos", "it's too long of a waiting", "I need someone right away", "I'm not willing to sponsor", simply don't give up. Keep searching until you find a matching family.
5) Understand your importance! Canadian wants the best education and care for their children and many of them work in essential fields and they are willing to pay a qualified person to look after their kids. 6) Research about Care in Canada. I heard that there are public childcare centers, but there are no vacancies for everyone, the waiting line is so large that a woman has to apply while pregnant for a chance of vacancy for her baby. A friend of mine told me that the government even provides an amount of money for families to pay private childcare centers for their kids. But a thing about daycare/ childcare centers which is a problem for parents is if a kid gets sick, per example, she/he is sent home right away, in order of protecting other kids.
7) Read the Guide 0104. There are detailed explanation of everything you'll need for your application (document checklist, instruction to fill the forms).

Having a nanny at home gives them peace of mind. I don't know how much a nanny in Canada charges per hour, I only know about the caregiver minimum wage law, so maybe saving money isn't the goal for hiring someone overseas, since we must have relevant previous experience, a diploma, background clearance and we have additional assets like speaking more than a language.
:)

Reactions: T365

amdavis05

Feb 6, 2021
"No employer will wait over 12 months for you, they'll just hire a nanny in Canada".

Yeah, but uh, no employer WILL actually wait over 12 months for you to join their family. That's just a cold hard fact. If I need a nanny, I'm going to need them to start tomorrow. NOT 12 months from now because you know what immigration is going to ask: who did all the nannying for 12 months while you were waiting?? Does that logically to you look like a reason give some PR? Looks like that role IS able to be filled by a Canadian then and no reason for a caregiver, sorry.

Navneet2000

Dec 17, 2020
Hello, Starnaenae.
All you have to do is:

That's it. Best of luck!
Thank you so much .. can I offer a caregiver postion to my sister? is there minimum income needed to hire a caregiver?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you so much .. can I offer a caregiver postion to my sister? is there minimum income needed to hire a caregiver?
You cannot.
You need to be PR or citizen and also setup a business registration number with CRA.
You need to proof that you have enough income to support paying for the child care.
And if the care giver is a relative, they will be under extra inspection to make sure that your sister qualify and the purpose is not for immigration.

There are many of this type of discussion in this section. Read up.
Here is some basic information
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/caregiver/requirements.html

Last edited:

Navneet2000

Dec 17, 2020
You cannot.
You need to be PR or citizen and also setup a business registration number with CRA.
You need to proof that you have enough income to support paying for the child care.
And if the care giver is a relative, they will be under extra inspection to make sure that your sister qualify and the purpose is not for immigration.

There are many of this type of discussion in this section. Read up.
Here is some basic information
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/caregiver/requirements.html
Thank you for the info.