+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I get local address proof for SIN ?

Aparna Vijay

Feb 22, 2020
United States of America
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-07-2020
Passport Req..
18-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2020
LANDED..........
10-07-2021
If you apply in person at the Service Canada office (only with an appointment), you would not need address proof. They will give you the SIN number in person.
I am currently in the US though. I am planning to apply online.

Reactions: Going2Can

gtd1986

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
If you apply in person at the Service Canada office (only with an appointment), you would not need address proof. They will give you the SIN number in person.
Is an appointment necessary or can i walk in to apply for SIN? also, don't have proof of address just yet but from reading the government website it is not required when applying in person

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
Is an appointment necessary or can i walk in to apply for SIN? also, don't have proof of address just yet but from reading the government website it is not required when applying in person
What did you end up doing, I am visiting for 1-2 weeks to look for apartments in December will I be able to apply in person without a proof of address?

Has anyone recently applied online from the US with their US address/DL and get SIN number?

paneka penalty

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
What did you end up doing, I am visiting for 1-2 weeks to look for apartments in December will I be able to apply in person without a proof of address?

Has anyone recently applied online from the US with their US address/DL and get SIN number?
You can apply in-person for SIN without Canadian address proof. Make sure to take your passport and COPR with you.

Reactions: missedTheGCBus