+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I claim points for Job offer?

Rohan34mca

Mar 5, 2020
Hi Experts,

I have a closed work permit(LMIA Exempt). I applied for Express entry in March 2020. I did not have one year of experience at that time so I was not getting the 50 points for job. Experts in this forum informed that once I have one year of experience in Aug, I can get a new letter from the employer and 50 points will be added to my score. I have the letter from my employer.

In addition I can "claim" points for one year of Canadian work experience. I have completed one year.

My question is what do I need to change in my Express entry application to get the Job offer points and the Canadian work experience points? Do the points add up automatically or do I need to change something in the application?

Thank you very much in advance! Appreciate your help!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Your profile should automatically update with your points for work experience. To claim points based on your new job offer letter you should edit your profile to indicate that you have a valid job offer.

IsmaRashid

May 10, 2020
@primaprime Hi , I have a similar situation here. The CRS calculator adds up 50 points for job offer but the application doesn’t.

I have read on other threads to show valid job offer atleast for the next one year too. There is no section in the form asking to submit any document for the requirement. Could you please help us here? A minor mistake might cost during this time.
Appreciate any help. Thank you