+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I apply for a TRV (outside Canada, have Work Permit)

Eugene28

Aug 6, 2016
Given that:
- I graduated in May from a university in Canada and I applied for my Post Graduate Work Permit by flag-poling
- I left Canada in June with a VALID Work Permit and an EXPIRED TRV
- I have Chinese citizenship and I am currently in China

I know that I must have a valid TRV to re-enter Canada, but I don't know how can I apply for one outside Canada. Can I apply online at the CIC website? Or do I have to visit a CIC Office in China?

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is your answer: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
I'm in the same situation applying from a different country.

Wonder if anyone have had previous result applying for TRV with valid WP outside of Canada. You can't really prove strong ties with home country outside of maybe your parents are living there. I meant how many people own properties/assets overseas as a student who just graduated. And jobs? You have no jobs outside in Canada because you intend to complete your PGWP.

This separate TRV/ WP is so annoying and stupid. Like they should have granted you the same TRV with that WP. It's almost like you are not allowed to visit your home countries during your WP without jumping through hoops for IRCC.

luccysiv

Feb 6, 2018
I'm in a similar situation trying to apply for TRV with a valid PGWP (PostGraduate Work Permit) outside of Canada. How do you solve this issue?
Which application form should I apply for?
I appreciate any feedback for solving it.

LIZZFLU

Apr 18, 2018
I'm in a similar situation trying to apply for TRV with a valid PGWP (PostGraduate Work Permit) outside of Canada. How do you solve this issue?
hi did you receive a reply for your application

LIZZFLU

Apr 18, 2018
hi did you receive a reply for your application

Abhijitricky

Dec 2, 2018
Given that:
- I graduated in May from a university in Canada and I applied for my Post Graduate Work Permit by flag-poling
- I left Canada in June with a VALID Work Permit and an EXPIRED TRV
- I have Chinese citizenship and I am currently in China

I know that I must have a valid TRV to re-enter Canada, but I don't know how can I apply for one outside Canada. Can I apply online at the CIC website? Or do I have to visit a CIC Office in China?
How did you get your trv from china i’m also in same situation

ccfdz288

Oct 13, 2019
hi
i recently graduated from my uni in canada and got my work permit, but i am currently outside canada. what do i need to do to apply for a workers trv outside canada. i know how to apply for the regular trv (imm 5257), but i need the visa to say worker status. please advise.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi
i recently graduated from my uni in canada and got my work permit, but i am currently outside canada. what do i need to do to apply for a workers trv outside canada. i know how to apply for the regular trv (imm 5257), but i need the visa to say worker status. please advise.
You apply as normal. You don't need to the TRV to "say worker status".