+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I apply for a BOWP?

Saeorl1

Dec 24, 2019
I can't seem to find the option on the cic website for applying for a BOWP. I can only seem to apply for a traditional Work Permit, which requires LMIA assessment.

I have submitted my PR application in January and my open work permit expires in April. I have my acknowledgement of receipt letter and according to this site I meet the requirements: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

The online tool said I did not meet the requirements. But that was for a regular work permit, that requires an LMIA and job offer.

I already have a job, and the offer to keep it, but no LMIA. I don't need the LMIA, as I'm trying to apply for a BOWP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you are on an open work permit and you didn’t count points for a job offer in your application to get an ITA?

Saeorl1

Dec 24, 2019
I'm on an open work permit. I didn't count points for my current job as it's not LMIA. But I did mention my employment to prove experience in my field. I applied under CEC.

Saeorl1

Dec 24, 2019
Update, I got it working. I incorrectly said "No" to the question on receiving an AOR, as the tool doesn't use the term AOR at all and uses an entirely different term that I've never come across before. I can't even remember what it was now, but after some Googling I realized it meant AOR.