+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I answer to this question on my e-PRA?

pls-answer

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Some jobs are regulated in Canada. You would need a license or certification to practice these jobs. Do you know if your primary occupation or trade is regulated? (required) Help - Some jobs are regulated in Canada. You would need a license or certification to practice these jobs.

Do you know if your primary occupation or trade is regulated?

I said NO because my occupation does not require me to get a license or certification.
(I have not submitted my application YET)

Hassan.Fahm

Feb 15, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2017
Nomination.....
none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019
Some jobs are regulated in Canada. You would need a license or certification to practice these jobs. Do you know if your primary occupation or trade is regulated? (required) Help - Some jobs are regulated in Canada. You would need a license or certification to practice these jobs.

I said NO because my occupation does not require me to get a license or certification.
(I have not submitted my application YET)
Your answer should be Yes if you are in a regulated profession such as nurses or doctors. You can see in your NoC whether it is a regulated profession.

vshl

Mar 9, 2019

I am Mechanical Engineer, and I replied as I don't Know, as saying Yes asks for several follow up questions, of which I am not sure.
If I select Yes, what sub option should i select?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019

I am Mechanical Engineer, and I replied as I don't Know, as saying Yes asks for several follow up questions, of which I am not sure.
Check if its regulated - https://www.cicic.ca/928/find_out_if_your_occupation_is_regulated_or_not.canada

Noor_

Jan 20, 2019
Hello everybody,
I am also in the same dilemma as the question is pretty confusing. But what I can think of is we should select "Yes" only if the profession is regulated and one requires a certificate to practice it. If your profession is not regulated then the answer should be "No". If you are not sure then we should select "I don't know". If I am wrong please share your opinion/past exp on this question?

mahsa27o

Jul 24, 2019
Hello,
I am an urban planner and my occupation is regulated, so my answer to first question is YES, but i don`t know which sub options should I select, I have master degree and about 10 years experience working as an urban planner, but i don`t have any experience in Canada.
I`d be grateful if you could answer me.

n_gowda

Sep 7, 2019
Hi there, I'm an urban planner as well and have 423 points for Express Entry Visa (studies and work experience outside of Canada).
It has been 1.5 years and I still haven't received any update regarding my application.
Am I missing out on some information?
Also, how do I apply for PNP with an existing application?

Aliumar

Nov 21, 2014

Hello, I was filling out my EE profile and I faced the same question which you stated here. As you submitted your profile last year. Could you please share how did you answer for this ?

Sep 30, 2020
Hello,
I am an urban planner and my occupation is regulated, so my answer to first question is YES, but i don`t know which sub options should I select, I have master degree and about 10 years experience working as an urban planner, but i don`t have any experience in Canada.
I`d be grateful if you could answer me.
Hello Mahsa27o,
I am in a similar situation: I am an Architect, licensed in my country (Mexico) and have masters degree and some experience. However, I know Architects are regulated. The thing is, I know that if I move there, I would obviously start in an architecture firm under certified architects, which doesn't require me to have a license. So even if the answer is strictly yes, I also know I can start working without one. How did you solve this at the end?

Kbhatia@1

Aug 20, 2018
Hello, I was filling out my EE profile and I faced the same question which you stated here. As you submitted your profile last year. Could you please share how did you answer for this ?
Hi could you please tell, what answer you filled? I am in same situation and wrote "I Don't Know"