+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Do I Amend My Study Permit?

LinearLight

Oct 6, 2020
Recently I arrived to Canada for my 2-year graduate program with co-op, the officer gave me 6 months permit with no off-campus work. I am eligible for off campus work. I am New here and I need work to survive and also to gain experience working with Canadians.

Please consider helping.

Background: I am Eligible for off campus work. I have paid tuition fees and have GIC with Scotiabank. I have an Enrollment letter that I have enrolled in my course and also a letter of acceptance from Designated Learning Institute.

Please provide me with options and what can I do to solve this issue. I've Considered Amending my study permit, should I amend the permit or apply for extension and mention off campus work.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
You have your savings that you declared on your study permit application that will cover your expenses, right? Unless you lied on your application.

LinearLight

Oct 6, 2020
You have your savings that you declared on your study permit application that will cover your expenses, right? Unless you lied on your application.
Thanks for the reply.

Yes as I said I had scotiabank gic and fees paid. I lied about nothing on my application

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
Recently I arrived to Canada for my 2-year graduate program with co-op, the officer gave me 6 months permit with no off-campus work. I am eligible for off campus work. I am New here and I need work to survive and also to gain experience working with Canadians.

Please consider helping.

Background: I am Eligible for off campus work. I have paid tuition fees and have GIC with Scotiabank. I have an Enrollment letter that I have enrolled in my course and also a letter of acceptance from Designated Learning Institute.

Please provide me with options and what can I do to solve this issue. I've Considered Amending my study permit, should I amend the permit or apply for extension and mention off campus work.
Is your course full-time or Part-time and double-check the school you are attending?

I was in a similar position when I applied to do a 2 year CPA course and the course did not qualify, so I had to switch schools and apply to change the conditions of my permit.

Reactions: Khanasma

LinearLight

Oct 6, 2020
Is your course full-time or Part-time and double-check the school you are attending?

I was in a similar position when I applied to do a 2 year CPA course and the course did not qualify, so I had to switch schools and apply to change the conditions of my permit.
The course is full time.

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
The course is full time.
I would call CIC and ask how to change the conditions of your permit, you shouldn't have a problem won't the school and course is qualified.