+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do canadian universities calculate GPA ?

mitul.parekh

Dec 4, 2014
Ahmedabad
Hello Guys,

Can anyone have idea about how canadian universities calculate GPA ?
I have seen on some of the universities website that they are giving B grade to 70-80%. Even they consider 80-90% as a 1st class standing !!
I belong to India. I did my bachelors in Computer Engineering and I got 61%. My transcript shows 3.94 GPA. I do not have any idea about how they have calculated. !!
I have applied to masters in few universities but do not sure how actually they calculate GPA.
When i have converted my GPA from www[dot]foreigncredits[dot]com/Resources/GPA-Calculator/", I got it 3.19.

Can anyone help me ?

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
mitul.parekh said:
Hello Guys,

I have seen on some of the universities website that they are giving B grade to 70-80%. Even they consider 80-90% as a 1st class standing !!
I belong to India. I did my bachelors in Computer Engineering and I got 61%. My transcript shows 3.94 GPA. I do not have any idea about how they have calculated. !!
I have applied to masters in few universities but do not sure how actually they calculate GPA.
When i have converted my GPA from www[dot]foreigncredits[dot]com/Resources/GPA-Calculator/", I got it 3.19.

Can anyone help me ?
if you are talking about GPA on a 4.0 Scale . u can use WES gpa calculator tool
http://www.wes.org/students/igpacalc.asp

if you looking for grades equivalencies ..
http://www.unco.edu/international/studyabroad/Documents/Grade%20Equivalencies.pdf

shubzy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2019
AOR Received.
14-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-07-2019
mitul.parekh said:
Hello Guys,

Can anyone help me ?
you may manually calculate your GPA.
here is the link for GPA calculation according to the scale of U of Manitoba (for Indian programs):

http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admin/167.html

every university has its own grade scale and hence you cannot generalise the GPA you'll get by using the above calculation for all the universities, but nonetheless, method of GPA calculation remains the same. so if you know the grade sclae of your target university for each course then you can calculate your GPA according to that universities GPA scale.

AHYO

Jan 17, 2015
mitul.parekh said:
Hello Guys,

Can anyone help me ?
TRY CHECK THE GRADE SCORES AND CALCULATE FROM THAT.

shubzy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2019
AOR Received.
14-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-07-2019
mitul.parekh said:
I have applied to concordia and lakehead
it does not matter to which university you have applied. method of GPA calculation remains the same, only grade scale changes.
i've given u the link of gpa calculation example. learn from that... and use the same method to calculate your GPA based on concordia or lakehead uni's grade scale...