+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do Canadian Citizens Do Their H4 EAD Stamping in Canada?

puzzled101

Dec 12, 2012
hi,

My spouse and I are currently residing in the USA and I'm a Canadian citizen. I need to travel outside North America for up to a week and I have read online that Canadian citizens with H4 visa (EAD status) require stamping if they have to travel outside USA, Canada, or Mexico.

Is anyone familiar with the stamping process and what is required? I would like to know which US consulates I can go to, whether I need to book an appointment and on which site, what documents are required as I am working in the US.

I keep finding mixed information and it's not clear. I just don't want to end up doing something incorrect so I can travel on time. If there is a Canadian citizen who has experience with this, any useful information about the process would be of much help.

Thanks!

cprcandidate

May 24, 2018
hi,

My spouse and I are currently residing in the USA and I'm a Canadian citizen. I need to travel outside North America for up to a week and I have read online that Canadian citizens with H4 visa (EAD status) require stamping if they have to travel outside USA, Canada, or Mexico.

Is anyone familiar with the stamping process and what is required? I would like to know which US consulates I can go to, whether I need to book an appointment and on which site, what documents are required as I am working in the US.

I keep finding mixed information and it's not clear. I just don't want to end up doing something incorrect so I can travel on time. If there is a Canadian citizen who has experience with this, any useful information about the process would be of much help.

Thanks!
if you are travelling outside of Canada and Mexico), you need stamped visa to get back into US. Your citizenship does not matter (btw why are you on H4 visa if you are a Canadian citizen?), nor does the EAD status.