+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How did you send in your paper tax return to it's?

ExpressoEntry

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Hello everyone,

I moved to Canada last year and will be filing my first tax return via paper this year to the IRS. How do you normally send it ? Via fedex or Canada post ? I know IRS considers FedEx as private delivery service and has a separate address but what about Canada post ? Would that be considered pds too ? And which one is better ?

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Hello everyone,

I moved to Canada last year and will be filing my first tax return via paper this year to the IRS. How do you normally send it ? Via fedex or Canada post ? I know IRS considers FedEx as private delivery service and has a separate address but what about Canada post ? Would that be considered pds too ? And which one is better ?
you can now file 1040-nr online if you aren't aware. to answer your original question, both will do it's job but canadapost might take longer for delivery ~10-15 days.

ExpressoEntry

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
you can now file 1040-nr online if you aren't aware. to answer your original question, both will do it's job but canadapost might take longer for delivery ~10-15 days.
Thank you. If I use Canada post is it the same address as I would use for usps ? Or should I use the pds address that I would use for private carriers like FedEx?