+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How did you meet?

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Wooow everybody met their other half online :eek: Im begining to feel like the odd one here I met mine during university years :p

pseudowolf

Star Member
Jan 5, 2011
Utah
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What a shock! ONLINE meeting here too!

It was March 2010.......twilighted.net. We both write fan-fiction and met in the chat room there, but quickly left that behind. We yahoo-ed daily, I got her addicted to World of Warcraft, moved to skype chat then video daily, and finally met in August 2010. Met again in Nov, Dec and March and I am now planning a move to Canada to be with her for May.

We are getting married later this year and will apply asap for my PR after that! Long road, but she is more than worth it!

-Wolf

J

jdwhite21

Material said:
Wooow everybody met their other half online :eek: Im begining to feel like the odd one here I met mine during university years :p
I feel left out too as I didn't meet my husband online. We worked together, he was here on a work visa. Definitely one of those love at first sight moments...

cobra

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Visa Office......
London uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
I'm left out too, I met my soon to be husband in an irish bar in canada while I was on a study exchange at university in his city. My friend was far too drunk, spilling drinks on people, happened to spill one on him, I apologised on her behalf, and then the rest is history.
I had to return home after 3 months :( so we've been going long distance and visiting each other since dec 09 and we're getting married a month today!! :D

adetia9

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
USA Outland - Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
03-05-2010
Med's Done....
30-11-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
Met my hubby through EverQuest :) We were friends for years, then one day, it just sortof evolved, and went from there... and here we are years later, married :) to commemorate everything we've gone through i commissioned an artist to paint a portrait of our characters for our entry hall, as a reminder of everything we've worked so hard for and sacrificed, in order to be together.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
I'm Italian and when i met my canadian wife(2005) i was running(my own business) a hostel in Ushuaia, Argentina (close enough to antarctica). she was my customer for 3 days. we chatted a bit and then we exchanged emails and after 2 weeks she sent me an email saying that she was in northern chile and that she wanted to come back to see me in Ushuaia. I said yes and i rented a trailer in the nat park and we spent a very very nice week together...eheheh :-*

JustandDaph

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
It's so nice to read how everyone has met their significant other :) I figure this would be nice to read and help us think about WHY all this stress, anxiety and hard work is worth it, for our love :)

Huzzah!

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JustandDaph said:
It's so nice to read how everyone has met their significant other :) I figure this would be nice to read and help us think about WHY all this stress, anxiety and hard work is worth it, for our love :)

Huzzah!

I met on facebook and told the truth

quakingaspen

Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
We met playing World of Warcraft. He knew my sister, and she "introduced" us. Initially, we joked about me being his fake fiancee to "sneak" him into America to come meet her. We talked for a year, then met in person, then got engaged six months later. I moved in with him 4 months after that, married 14 months after that, applied for immigration 4 months after that, and now.... 4 months waiting for our application to be processed, and counting!

Strange how things have evolved.

We still play World of Warcraft together! ...but now we're in the same room. :)

AlieW

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv. Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
I'm also feeling left out - I met my partner in Nepal in Dec 2007

We had both taken a year off to travel - I had just finished Uni and he had taken the time off after completing his military service. We spent 4 days on a white water rafting together in Nepal, and then met up again a month later in India. We ended up spending 6 months traveling through Asia together. After which I came to 'visit' him in Israel and ended up staying for over 2 and 1/2 years. So now we are waiting for his PR so we can give living in Canada together a go!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
match.com in 2004. I really wasn't looking to date outside my area, but I was going to Montreal for a long business trip and used the search function to write to a few people in MTL asking about cool stuff to do in their city. He was the only one who wrote me back. He had great suggestions; things I would not have found at the concierge desk. We emailed back and forth a bit. When I was getting ready to go on the trip he sent his phone number. So I called him (which he really didn't expect) and we met for a drink in my hotel. There were definitely sparks for both of us within 15 mins of meeting! He was charmed by my southern accent (I'm from South Carolina, USA) and I was charmed by his French one (he was born and raised in Paris).

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
met on facebook through a mutual friend who did some matchmaking.
He asked her about me, she messaged me and told me he thought i was hot and that i should check him out cause he was hot, I added him in July 2008. We talked for a year! (I was only interested in talking and not having a LDR) He kept asking me to come. But I was only interested in dating in my country then I had a breakup drama and he came in June 2009 to meet me. Spent 2 weeks together. Went to Canada in September, He came to Trinidad in December...Then in 2010 Feb I went to Canada, he proposed, Got married in May, kept visiting each other and I am here permanent Feb 2011. :)

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
AllisonVSC said:
match.com in 2004. I really wasn't looking to date outside my area, but I was going to Montreal for a long business trip and used the search function to write to a few people in MTL asking about cool stuff to do in their city. He was the only one who wrote me back.
Giggle, I was on the other side of that exact same situation, except it was OKCupid in 2009. and my now husband was coming to Croatia (from Montreal :D) for vacation and wanted suggestions. I wasn't interested in dating at the time, and he basically lucked out because I was deleting 99% of messages I got without ever opening them... but I was extremely bored that day, so I looked at his and answered pretty much just because he wasn't trying to make a pass at me. Then it turned out he was a fellow LARPer, and kind of funny, and really cute, and before I knew it we were exchanging endless messages on daily basis, then moved to MSN, and then he finally made it to Croatia and I was smitten the moment I picked him up at the airport... all while not wanting to be in any kind of relationship, least of all long distance. Life can be funny that way :)

quakingaspen

Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
hehe I like this thread. Beats the stress of the rest of immigration! And everyone on this forum should have an interesting story of how they met their international partner. Keep them coming! :)

J

jdwhite21

HoneyBird said:
met on facebook through a mutual friend who did some matchmaking.
Aww I love facebook!!!

quakingaspen said:
hehe I like this thread. Beats the stress of the rest of immigration! And everyone on this forum should have an interesting story of how they met their international partner. Keep them coming! :)
I agree, this thread is great. It's always so interesting to hear everybodies different stories... and although they are all different it's so great to see how people from all over come together!