+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How did you convert your currency to $CA

JetRumble99

Mar 16, 2021
Hi there,

In order to prove your funds, how did you do to convert them into canadian dollars? Do you have to get a bank account in Canada before?

Thank you!

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Is it difficult to create a canadian bank account outside of Canada? Or isn't it easier to prove the rate of conversion, then create an account upon arrival?
Go to any bank, CIBC, BMO, TD whatever, tell them you want to open an account, show them your documents, them wire your money from your bank account to your new account. The money will show up as cad dollars in your new bank account.

Reactions: JetRumble99

JetRumble99

Mar 16, 2021
I heard I need a student permit or it will be a more complex procedure to do so . Is a document showing the conversion rate from a Canadian bank's website is enough to prove that my funds are equal to a certain amount of $CA?

Pilot_MikeNovember

Dec 5, 2019
Is it difficult to create a canadian bank account outside of Canada? Or isn't it easier to prove the rate of conversion, then create an account upon arrival?
Yes you can open a bank account with a canadian bank from abroad i only know of one scotia bank.But there are certain countries eligible for opening an account from outside canada. Normally, you don't need to open an account you just need to have the equivalent amount in local currency to canadian dollars you need they do the math don't worry about that .But if you can open an account that's great.

Pilot_MikeNovember

Dec 5, 2019
wh
I heard I need a student permit or it will be a more complex procedure to do so . Is a document showing the conversion rate from a Canadian bank's website is enough to prove that my funds are equal to a certain amount of $CA?
when i applied for my study permit my bank statements and all the documents showed the amount in local currency no need of any document showing that in canadian dollars but it should be equivalent in value to that of canadian dollars you need.

JetRumble99

Mar 16, 2021
wh

when i applied for my study permit my bank statements and all the documents showed the amount in local currency no need of any document showing that in canadian dollars but it should be equivalent in value to that of canadian dollars you need.
Awesome, thank you! I sent you a PM