+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How did you answer question 9C and did you get AOR

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Reminder: AOR only means that a completeness check has been passed.

It does not mean that any accuracy screening has been done. And indeed, no accuracy checks are done at this stage.

In particular, misrepresentations and factual errors will pass the completeness check. To what extent a misrepresentation or factual error will cause problems will not be apparent until much later in the process, perhaps not at all until the interview.

Thus, for item 9.c for example, checking "no" will of course pass the completeness check, no matter how contrary to the truth it is.

Frankly, it is foolish to think that AOR in any way suggests the applicant has properly filled in the information requested.

Reactions: rmorgan and vasvas

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ok
Reminder: AOR only means that a completeness check has been passed.

It does not mean that any accuracy screening has been done. And indeed, no accuracy checks are done at this stage.

In particular, misrepresentations and factual errors will pass the completeness check. To what extent a misrepresentation or factual error will cause problems will not be apparent until much later in the process, perhaps not at all until the interview.

Thus, for item 9.c for example, checking "no" will of course pass the completeness check, no matter how contrary to the truth it is.

Frankly, it is foolish to think that AOR in any way suggests the applicant has properly filled in the information requested.

JasFer

Mar 6, 2017
I just called the CIC to ask about 9c and told them that I have lived outside Canada for over 183 days during my qualifying period. Here's what the agent said:

Clicking the Help button on the form will explain that it has to be answered as Yes only if I have lived outside as a Crown Servant etc. Else, I should answer No.
I told her that I have already submitted my application and checked Yes with an explanation letter as this was a confusing question and felt only that part of it applied to me (Did you live outside Canada...) and not the other part (were you a Crown servant etc).
I told her I feared the application would be returned....she said she cannot say what the processing officer will do, but the fact that I provided an explanation letter should help.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I just called the CIC to ask about 9c and told them that I have lived outside Canada for over 183 days during my qualifying period. Here's what the agent said:

Clicking the Help button on the form will explain that it has to be answered as Yes only if I have lived outside as a Crown Servant etc. Else, I should answer No.
I told her that I have already submitted my application and checked Yes with an explanation letter as this was a confusing question and felt only that part of it applied to me (Did you live outside Canada...) and not the other part (were you a Crown servant etc).
I told her I feared the application would be returned....she said she cannot say what the processing officer will do, but the fact that I provided an explanation letter should help.
Niceee

UB-Delhi

Aug 18, 2017
Hello Dear Forum Members
I need urgent experts advice to fill my Canada citizenship form on page two question 9.C they ask for The eligibility period is five (5) years before the date of your application.
I become a permanent resident of Canada from 27/January/2014.
Now I am sending my application on coming Monday 4th December 2017.
Only three family Visit to my home country total time outside Canada = 77 days
Total time in Canada from 27/January/2014 to 04/December/2017
1407days -77days =total time in Canada 1330.
Do I still need to fill residence outside of Canada form CIT 0 177. https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0177e-2.pdf

Kindly help me out on this I am stuck badly I will be highly appreciate anyone help as soon as possible thank you so much.

UB-Delhi

Aug 18, 2017
Hello can any one experts tell me eligible period from the date you signed application they last five year period example I am going to send my application on 4/December/2017.
So eligible period from 04/December/2012 to 04/December/2017.
Or the date I got my Permanent Residence.
I got my PR on 27/January/2014. I spend total 1330 day in Canada only three short trip total duration 77 days . Do I need to fill CIT0177 form kindly let me know as soon as possible thank you so much.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Do I still need to fill residence outside of Canada form CIT 0 177.

So eligible period from 04/December/2012 to 04/December/2017.
Or the date I got my Permanent Residence.
I got my PR on 27/January/2014. I spend total 1330 day in Canada only three short trip total duration 77 days . Do I need to fill CIT0177 form kindly let me know as soon as possible thank you so much.
I am NO expert. I am not qualified to give personal advice.

I am qualified to warn against considering any posting here as expert advice, and to be particularly cautious if not skeptical of anyone who is offering personal advice.

SHORT and PROBABLE ANSWER for 9.c:

It appears you should check "yes" in response to item 9.c. This is because (it appears) you were living outside Canada in 2013 and that is during your eligibility period (Dec 2012 to Dec 2017). So "yes" is the truthful answer.

Those who check "yes" are instructed to submit the Crown Servant form, that is CIT 0177.

It appears that CIT 0177 does NOT apply to you. But the instructions are to submit it. So you can enter your name in the top of the form and enter "NA" in the rest of the form (probably OK to leave parts of it blank or hand write a big "NA" across it). Be sure to check off, in the checklist, that the form is included.

9.C EXPLANATION:

Item 9.c is a glitch in the application form which IRCC has yet to fix. No need to get thrown off by it.

As noted, applicants can check "yes" if that is the truthful answer to the 9.c question.
They then submit a CIT 0177 form, as instructed, with most of the CIT 0177 form marked as "NA."

No need to get complicated.

The Other Approach:

There are many others in this forum who suggest checking "no" in response to item 9.c and they may indeed be correct that this will be OK with IRCC, even though the applicant lived outside Canada during his or her eligibility period.

This approach is based on second-guessing what IRCC really wants or rewriting the question based on an interpretation of what IRCC really intended to ask. And, as noted, IRCC might indeed be OK with this.

The actual question in item 9.c :
During your eligibility period did you live outside Canada: [no] [yes]

Intended question; it is indeed likely that the question IRCC intends to ask (roughly paraphrased, as best we can second-guess or rewrite the question):
During your eligibility period did you live outside Canada while a Crown Servant or with a Crown Servant family member: [no] [yes]

In practical terms, many in the forum tend to rephrase it more casually or pragmatically:
Should you file CIT 0177 to obtain credit for time you were living outside Canada during your eligibility period: [no] [yes]

The other approach is to check "no" as if the question is one of these latter two.

Some even claim that IRCC help centre agents have stated this is the way to respond to this item.

In general, however, it is NOT a good idea to second-guess let alone rephrase the question.

As a general rule, it is a bad idea to second-guess questions or instructions. In particular I think it is a very bad idea to rewrite the question to say something other than what it says, and especially so if the literal meaning of the question is clear.

But that is what many are suggesting here. Regarding that, make no mistake, the fact that the application passes a completeness check and AOR is issued does NOT say anything at all about how the applicant should respond to an item like 9.c. The completeness check is NOT an ACCURACY check. That comes later.

If in doubt, follow the instructions; otherwise, yep, follow the instructions.

Scores and scores of applicants have run into unnecessary difficulties when they answered the way they thought was OK rather than directly responding to the questions as asked.

Longer and more in-depth observations about the checking "no" option:

As noted, some even claim that IRCC help centre agents have stated that the way to respond to this item is to in effect first determine if CIT 0177 is applicable and if not, check "no" in response to item 9.c.

There are multiple reasons for being skeptical about this. The most obvious reason is that this means giving an answer to the question as asked which is contrary to fact, that is, NOT true.

But there is an underlying reason: there appears to be some confusion within IRCC about how to apply the paradigm shift regarding the eligibility period. The eligibility period is now the full five years prior to applying regardless of personal immigration history. Thus, for many citizenship applicants (probably the majority) the eligibility period now includes time BEFORE ever coming to Canada and time BEFORE becoming a Canadian PR. This a big, paradigm shift. It is counter-intuitive in many ways since for many if not most applicants their eligibility period includes periods of time in which there is no possible eligibility credit. But more than that, it has the result of requiring applicants to provide details (address history, work history, travel to other countries) for periods of time prior to when they could possibly have any credit toward eligibility.

It is readily apparent that personnel within IRCC have not fully unraveled the implications and consequences of this paradigm shift. Thus, in addition to the fact that call centre agents have never been all that reliable for any questions more complicated than standard FAQs, generally limited to giving little if any more than what can be found in the instruction guide, a large dose of skepticism should be taken with any call centre agent's response to complicated questions and especially those which might be tangled in eligibility period complications.

OTHER OPTIONS; check "no" and explain:

Applicants can check "no" and add a supplemental page with an explanation that "no" was answered in response to item 9.c because they have no reason to submit CIT 0177, that they were not Crown Servants or living with a Crown Servant when they were living abroad. Probability of this working should be very high. It still involves giving a response contrary to the facts, but the reason why is clear and the rest of the application information should amply illustrate the applicant is not trying to hide any time spent living abroad.

OTHER OPTIONS; check "yes" and explain without including CIT 0177:

Some applicants have checked "yes" and explained that CIT 0177 is not applicable to them, so the form is not submitted. My initial impression was this should work but there has been at least one very credible report that this did NOT work, even though the applicant submitted a very clear explanation as to why no CIT 0177 form was included with the application.

However, others have reported taking this approach and that they have received AOR, suggesting it sometimes works.

For what should be obvious reasons, I wince when the suggestion is to do something which sometimes works, or even to do something which often works. First choice is to figure out and do what is almost sure to work.

Thus, while I expected IRCC to be fairly flexible with items like this, and especially this item 9.c since it really is their screw up, checking "yes" and explaining why no form is submitted does NOT seem like a prudent approach. And, actually, all it takes is a little reflection about how bureaucracies work to recognize the risks: if 9.c is answered "yes," then a mechanical completeness check will look to be sure the respective item in the checklist is also checked, that the checklist confirms CIT 0177 is enclosed. If that is not checked as included, or if it is indeed not included, the application will NOT pass a mechanical completeness check.

Some overall observations:

It is disappointing that IRCC has, at least on some occasion, not been flexible in how it approaches responses to item 9.c

This really is IRCC's screw up. It is obvious that the intended question, for 9.c, is:
During your eligibility period did you live outside Canada while a Crown Servant or with a Crown Servant family member: [no] [yes]

BUT that is NOT the question that 9.c asks. And no matter how many ways one reads the "help" information, or the guide instructions, they in no way suggest let alone instruct the applicant to check "no" to the question as asked, which again simply asks if the applicant lived outside Canada during the eligibility period.

Last edited:

UB-Delhi

Aug 18, 2017
I am NO expert. I am not qualified to give personal advice.

I am qualified to warn against considering any posting here as expert advice, and to be particularly cautious if not skeptical of anyone who is offering personal advice.

SHORT and PROBABLE ANSWER for 9.c:

It appears you should check "yes" in response to item 9.c. This is because (it appears) you were living outside Canada in 2013 and that is during your eligibility period (Dec 2012 to Dec 2017). So "yes" is the truthful answer.

Those who check "yes" are instructed to submit the Crown Servant form, that is CIT 0177.

It appears that CIT 0177 does NOT apply to you. But the instructions are to submit it. So you can enter your name in the top of the form and enter "NA" in the rest of the form (probably OK to leave parts of it blank or hand write a big "NA" across it). Be sure to check off, in the checklist, that the form is included.

9.C EXPLANATION:

Item 9.c is a glitch in the application form which IRCC has yet to fix. No need to get thrown off by it.

As noted, applicants can check "yes" if that is the truthful answer to the 9.c question.
They then submit a CIT 0177 form, as instructed, with most of the CIT 0177 form marked as "NA."

No need to get complicated.

The Other Approach:

There are many others in this forum who suggest checking "no" in response to item 9.c and they may indeed be correct that this will be OK with IRCC, even though the applicant lived outside Canada during his or her eligibility period.

This approach is based on second-guessing what IRCC really wants or rewriting the question based on an interpretation of what IRCC really intended to ask. And, as noted, IRCC might indeed be OK with this.

The actual question in item 9.c :
During your eligibility period did you live outside Canada: [no] [yes]

Intended question; it is indeed likely that the question IRCC intends to ask (roughly paraphrased, as best we can second-guess or rewrite the question):

In practical terms, many in the forum tend to rephrase it more casually or pragmatically:
Should you file CIT 0177 to obtain credit for time you were living outside Canada during your eligibility period: [no] [yes]

The other approach is to check "no" as if the question is one of these latter two.

Some even claim that IRCC help centre agents have stated this is the way to respond to this item.

In general, however, it is NOT a good idea to second-guess let alone rephrase the question.

As a general rule, it is a bad idea to second-guess questions or instructions. In particular I think it is a very bad idea to rewrite the question to say something other than what it says, and especially so if the literal meaning of the question is clear.

But that is what many are suggesting here. Regarding that, make no mistake, the fact that the application passes a completeness check and AOR is issued does NOT say anything at all about how the applicant should respond to an item like 9.c. The completeness check is NOT an ACCURACY check. That comes later.

If in doubt, follow the instructions; otherwise, yep, follow the instructions.

Scores and scores of applicants have run into unnecessary difficulties when they answered the way they thought was OK rather than directly responding to the questions as asked.

Longer and more in-depth observations about the checking "no" option:

As noted, some even claim that IRCC help centre agents have stated that the way to respond to this item is to in effect first determine if CIT 0177 is applicable and if not, check "no" in response to item 9.c.

There are multiple reasons for being skeptical about this. The most obvious reason is that this means giving an answer to the question as asked which is contrary to fact, that is, NOT true.

But there is an underlying reason: there appears to be some confusion within IRCC about how to apply the paradigm shift regarding the eligibility period. The eligibility period is now the full five years prior to applying regardless of personal immigration history. Thus, for many citizenship applicants (probably the majority) the eligibility period now includes time BEFORE ever coming to Canada and time BEFORE becoming a Canadian PR. This a big, paradigm shift. It is counter-intuitive in many ways since for many if not most applicants their eligibility period includes periods of time in which there is no possible eligibility credit. But more than that, it has the result of requiring applicants to provide details (address history, work history, travel to other countries) for periods of time prior to when they could possibly have any credit toward eligibility.

It is readily apparent that personnel within IRCC have not fully unraveled the implications and consequences of this paradigm shift. Thus, in addition to the fact that call centre agents have never been all that reliable for any questions more complicated than standard FAQs, generally limited to giving little if any more than what can be found in the instruction guide, a large dose of skepticism should be taken with any call centre agent's response to complicated questions and especially those which might be tangled in eligibility period complications.

OTHER OPTIONS; check "no" and explain:

Applicants can check "no" and add a supplemental page with an explanation that "no" was answered in response to item 9.c because they have no reason to submit CIT 0177, that they were not Crown Servants or living with a Crown Servant when they were living abroad. Probability of this working should be very high. It still involves giving a response contrary to the facts, but the reason why is clear and the rest of the application information should amply illustrate the applicant is not trying to hide any time spent living abroad.

OTHER OPTIONS; check "yes" and explain without including CIT 0177:

Some applicants have checked "yes" and explained that CIT 0177 is not applicable to them, so the form is not submitted. My initial impression was this should work but there has been at least one very credible report that this did NOT work, even though the applicant submitted a very clear explanation as to why no CIT 0177 form was included with the application.

However, others have reported taking this approach and that they have received AOR, suggesting it sometimes works.

For what should be obvious reasons, I wince when the suggestion is to do something which sometimes works, or even to do something which often works. First choice is to figure out and do what is almost sure to work.

Thus, while I expected IRCC to be fairly flexible with items like this, and especially this item 9.c since it really is their screw up, checking "yes" and explaining why no form is submitted does NOT seem like a prudent approach. And, actually, all it takes is a little reflection about how bureaucracies work to recognize the risks: if 9.c is answered "yes," then a mechanical completeness check will look to be sure the respective item in the checklist is also checked, that the checklist confirms CIT 0177 is enclosed. If that is not checked as included, or if it is indeed not included, the application will NOT pass a mechanical completeness check.

Some overall observations:

It is disappointing that IRCC has, at least on some occasion, not been flexible in how it approaches responses to item 9.c

This really is IRCC's screw up. It is obvious that the intended question, for 9.c, is:

BUT that is NOT the question that 9.c asks. And no matter how many ways one reads the "help" information, or the guide instructions, they in no way suggest let alone instruct the applicant to check "no" to the question as asked, which again simply asks if the applicant lived outside Canada during the eligibility period.

Thank you so much dear I really highly obliged to you and you so much affords you did for me thank you so much once again.
I am thinking same way there no harm to say Yes

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I did lived outside during my eligibility period, I answered NO as I wasn't a crown servant. I got AOR
You only need to say "YES" if you were a living outside as crown servant and then fill the form .

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hello Dear Forum Members
I need urgent experts advice to fill my Canada citizenship form on page two question 9.C they ask for The eligibility period is five (5) years before the date of your application.
I become a permanent resident of Canada from 27/January/2014.
Now I am sending my application on coming Monday 4th December 2017.
Only three family Visit to my home country total time outside Canada = 77 days
Total time in Canada from 27/January/2014 to 04/December/2017
1407days -77days =total time in Canada 1330.
Do I still need to fill residence outside of Canada form CIT 0 177. https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0177e-2.pdf

Kindly help me out on this I am stuck badly I will be highly appreciate anyone help as soon as possible thank you so much.
Yes , but fill form and sign and write this form is not applicable to me

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
I did lived outside during my eligibility period, I answered NO as I wasn't a crown servant. I got AOR
You only need to say "YES" if you were a living outside as crown servant and then fill the form .
Don't give out misleading advice. You have to answer YES if you lived outside Canada regardless if you were a crown servant or not. Notice that in the question, along with CIT0177 they ask also for the physical calculator. The fact you got an AOR only means they don't have a problem with your documents. When it goes into process they may have an issue with your answer because you did live outside Canada . Hopefully, they are aware that this question is confusing and don't give you a hard time as depenabill wrote in his elaborate post about this problem.

Last edited:

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
My GUESS is that this will be OK.

Unfortunately there is no guarantee of that, however, given that the response was contrary to fact, which if deliberate would be a misrepresentation. I doubt that IRCC will approach a "no" response as a misrepresentation, especially since any confusion about how to properly respond to this item is the fault of IRCC.

But you lived outside Canada during the eligibility period and you responded "no" to the question: "During your eligibility period did you live outside Canada?" Obviously NOT a truthful answer.

Again, my GUESS is that this will be OK. But the fact that you received AOR does not in any way give assurance of this. AOR only means the application has been screened for completeness, NOT for accuracy, NOT for consistency. Checking "no" for item 9.c will automatically get a pass in the completeness check. Even if it is blatantly NOT true.

Note that in particular there is no source or support for this part of what you posted:
"You only need to say "YES" if you were a living outside as crown servant and then fill the form ."

That is NOT what any of the instructions suggest let alone state. The instructions state that there is no need to submit a CIT 0177 form unless the applicant qualifies for Crown Service credit. However, the instructions also state that if the applicant answers "yes" to item 9.c (that is, that they lived outside Canada during the eligibility period), the applicant is to submit the CIT 0177 form. The guide does NOT say answer "no" if you are not eligible for Crown Service credit even if you otherwise lived outside Canada.

Reason for Emphasis About This: the huge importance of maintaining credibility.

As noted, my guess is that checking "no" in response to 9.c is OK even though that response is contrary to the truth. Why then give this so much attention? Why harp on the fact that is an untruthful answer if it is an answer which IRCC will be OK with?

The applicant's credibility is hugely important, almost as important as meeting the qualifications and completing the application to show the qualifications have been met. The importance of maintaining credibility should not be underestimated. It is huge. It can really make the difference even for fully qualified applicants.

This item, item 9.c, looms large in two respects regarding credibility.

One I've addressed, that where a "no" response is contrary to the facts that illustrates the applicant is answering a question contrary to the facts. That SHOULD NOT damage the applicant's credibility too much, in this context, since it is probably correct that even IRCC expected applicants to respond "no" unless Crown Service credit is relevant. But giving an answer contrary to the truth is nonetheless giving an answer contrary to the truth, and no one should be advising anyone to do that. Generally best to not give false answers.

The other respect in which this looms large regarding credibility has to do with how applicants should approach responding to application questions in general. Many applicants have concerns about how a particular answer will look to IRCC, and in particular have concerns that a direct answer to the literal question will cause IRCC to have suspicions or otherwise implement non-routine processing. There is a tendency to interpret questions, and to do so in a way which will allow the applicant to give an answer the applicant believes is less likely to trigger suspicions or non-routine processing (or, in this instance, to require submitting an additional form).

Sometimes that works. As noted, in regards to item 9.c it appears likely to work. BUT far, far more often that is an approach which causes more problems than it avoids, AND ESPECIALLY SO when it leads the applicant to give answers which can be perceived to be inaccurate, inconsistent, evasive, deceptive, or otherwise dishonest. An answer overtly contrary to fact obviously risks being perceived to be, at the least, inaccurate.

What I am talking about is AVOIDING the RISK of COMPROMISING ONE'S CREDIBILITY.

The best way to approach particular items in the application, the approach most likely to work most of the time, is to carefully read what is asked and to respond to that question, the one actually asked, according to one's best understanding of what it asks and what is the most honest, accurate, and complete answer to that question. Then read and follow the instructions, and likewise do this the best one can, using one's own best judgment but doing so in a way that is focused on following the instructions, the instructions as stated.

That approach involves the least amount of risk. Virtually no risk of making a misrepresentation. Very little risk of appearing to make a misrepresentation (remember, appearances matter, impressions matter). High probability it is the proper way to respond. Overall, simply what works best most of the time. The way to go.

Second-guessing what IRCC might really want, and especially re-writing questions so as to ask something different than what they literally ask, is fraught with risks. Sometimes works, sure. But far more often it does not work. And sometimes it can be a disaster, and this is especially so if it leads IRCC to perceive reason to question the applicant's credibility.

itisme

Feb 12, 2012
Why don't we open a thread for the people that received AOR mentioning the answer for question 9c ?

I guess alot of members wanted to know that ?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Why don't we open a thread for the people that received AOR mentioning the answer for question 9c ?

I guess alot of members wanted to know that ?
One of the several 9.c threads (in addition to the one you just started) explicitly asks for this information.

The problem is that AOR and in-process offer NO insight whatsoever into how to respond to item 9.c. (Remember, a "no" check automatically clears the completeness check, even if it is blatantly NOT true.)

Reports from applicants who have had their application returned because of the way they responded to 9.c, which would be those who checked "yes" and did not include a CIT 0177 form, would be helpful, yes, because those reports would indicate what does NOT work.

BUT the one report of this so far is credible enough, on its face, to conclude that checking "yes" and including an explanation without including the CIT 0177 form is NOT a good idea. Even though several others have reported AOR despite checking "yes" and not including CIT 0177.

What Applicants Need to Know:

For prospective applicants, those who have not yet applied, there is virtually no doubt that answering item 9.c truthfully, directly answering the question asked, is OK. If that means checking "yes" then they should submit CIT 0177, even if that form only shows their name and everything else is marked "NA." Not complicated. Does not need to be complicated. No explanation should be necessary. Yes, they lived outside Canada during the eligibility period, but questions about Crown Service are NOT APPLICABLE ("NA").

There really is no reason for the prospective applicant to consider the other options.

For those who have already made their application:

Nothing to do but wait to see how it goes. Sure, one can wrestle with the probabilities of this or that, and try to forecast how this or that approach will be handled.

But the main thing is that the-cake-is-in-the-oven and it is now a matter of waiting to see how it goes. Reports about who gets AOR or "in-process" will NOT reveal how this is going to go.

For those who have already made their application; revisiting the possibilities:

Those who checked "yes" and included a CIT 0177 form, that is almost a certain OK at least for this item. No problem.

Those who just checked "no" (even if that is not the truth) will most likely be OK, and this will for sure pass the completeness check (does not mean all the rest of the application will, but for purposes of 9.c this will for sure pass the completeness check). Best approach going forward is to simply wait and see how it goes.

Those who checked "yes" and did not include a CIT 0177 . . . you are the ones who are at risk for having the application returned. Nothing you can do in the meantime but wait to see if you get the application returned or you get notice of AOR. If you get AOR, all should be well. It is possible there will be a later request for the CIT 0177 form but for those who gave an explanation for not submitting it, that should suffice, that is it will suffice so long as the application was accepted as complete.

This really does NOT need to be complicated. Like many other "issues" addressed frequently in this forum, a lot of the confusion is manufactured. A lot is manufactured by attempts to rephrase or rewrite the questions or instructions, to impose interpretations that will support responses different from a straight answer to the actual question.

In contrast, most issues about how to answer questions in the application can be resolved by re-reading the question and instructions, focusing on what the question actually asks, answering that question, and following the instructions.

Reactions: vasvas