+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How conditional discharge effect Express entry

Ammy041997

Jun 18, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have my PR application under process, and I am going to receive conditional discharge in couple of weeks for one year. In my PR application and in work permit and I have told IRCC about my arrest and charges everything. Now my concern is, I have received request For RPRF from IRCC and only waiting for COPR after this to get my PR. But since I am going to get Conditional discharge how it will effect my application, will IRCC give me PR, or IRCC wait for my Conditional time to be over to give answer or they will reject my file and I wlll have to resubmit my file again. I am very confused, any advice will be appreciated. Thank you

Cor_

Aug 5, 2019
Hey I am also in a similar condition. I have received a conditional discharge with 3 years probation. I am currently on a study permit and would apply for a work permit soon. I am also confused if this will affect my work permit application.

Did you get any Information regarding to this case?

Ammy041997

Jun 18, 2021
Hey I am also in a similar condition. I have received a conditional discharge with 3 years probation. I am currently on a study permit and would apply for a work permit soon. I am also confused if this will affect my work permit application.

Hi, I have”t got reply from anyone and I am still confused. But while I was on study permit I was arrested, I completed my study and even I was charged I still got 3 years of work permit. I don”t think you will have any problem with work permit as long as you obey all conditions and tell truth to IRCC about your condition.

Reactions: Cor_

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone,
I have my PR application under process, and I am going to receive conditional discharge in couple of weeks for one year. In my PR application and in work permit and I have told IRCC about my arrest and charges everything. Now my concern is, I have received request For RPRF from IRCC and only waiting for COPR after this to get my PR. But since I am going to get Conditional discharge how it will effect my application, will IRCC give me PR, or IRCC wait for my Conditional time to be over to give answer or they will reject my file and I wlll have to resubmit my file again. I am very confused, any advice will be appreciated. Thank you
A conditional discharge by itself means nothing. What matters is what you were changed for, and whether the charge as per the Canadian criminal Code constitutes a serious criminal offence which would make you criminally inadmissible to Canada.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/tran.html

Cor_

Aug 5, 2019
Thank you so much for your response. Yes I got my study permitted extended without any problem while I was fighting the charges. Yesterday my case was resolved and I ended up getting a conditional discharge.

Did you get your work permit after you were given the conditional discharge? I was wondering if I would have to provide any legal documents from court along with my application?

Cor_

Aug 5, 2019
Does impaired driving fall into this case? I was given a conditional discharge, not jail time or fines. Just a simple probation

Ammy041997

Jun 18, 2021
Thank you so much for your response. Yes I got my study permitted extended without any problem while I was fighting the charges. Yesterday my case was resolved and I ended up getting a conditional discharge.

Did you get your work permit after you were given the conditional discharge? I was wondering if I would have to provide any legal documents from court along with my application?
I got work permit before my case was resolved. I would suggest you to apply for work permit through immigration lawyer ( not consultant), to avoid any mistake. He/She can apply it with all the documents needed to provide IRCC

Reactions: Cor_

sebychan

Mar 29, 2023

Can you update your case, I am facing same situation