+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can we know we were reported at border ? For residency obligation

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Hello , officer gave my friend a hard time , said you are falling short of ro , she did not ask to submit any signature or , he was allowed to enter , passport was stamped like normal , he only intends to renew after completing his time

how can we know if he was reported , he no longer lives on the address where he received his pr card ,

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello , officer gave my friend a hard time , said you are falling short of ro , she did not ask to submit any signature or , he was allowed to enter , passport was stamped like normal , he only intends to renew after completing his time

how can we know if he was reported , he no longer lives on the address where he received his pr card ,
Chances are that he was not reported, since he probably would have been given a copy of the report. I'd take this as a stern warning that he may be on their radar and should make every effort to remain in Canada until he is in compliance with the R.O.; he may not be so lucky next time.

Why would his passport have been stamped? AFAIK, a PR no longer gets (or needs) a stamp in their passport.

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for response , ponga , the stamp just says pr and entry date
Weird that a PR would get a stamp in their passport, but...what do I know. LOL!

Maybe CBSA is watching closely to see if they meet the R.O.?

abdo_85

Jun 7, 2012

Do you know which airport he landed ?

Dec 19, 2022

Did he enter via land border

asamad88

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022

do you know the questions that were asked by the CBSA official?

asamad88

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Their usual questions: Where did you go? Why did you travel abroad? How much money you are bringing back with you?
I guess the answers to "Where did you go?" and "Why did you travel abroad" triggered CBSA officer.

I thought the CBSA initiated the conversation by telling them they do not meet Residency Obligation.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess the answers to "Where did you go?" and "Why did you travel abroad" triggered CBSA officer.

I thought the CBSA initiated the conversation by telling them they do not meet Residency Obligation.
They ask these questions to Canadians citizens too.