+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how can my wife join with me here

shanep

Feb 3, 2011
I m working here as a foreign worker for 5 years and i got married in 2009, i got AINP nomination last year. I m trying to get my wife here,she apply for visit visa 02 times ,but refused,reason they say that no proof of her return, I dont get the point , she is included in my AINP nomination and the PR application, she is going to join with me somehow when i get my PR. I m working here for 5 years full time with clean records,i pay Tax, so It doesnt make sence at all. Isnt it right????????????????????????????//

CAN ANYONE GUIDE ME ON THIS PLS......................

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what you have posted, you will have to either wait until PR is granted, or offer much more proof of ties to her home country.

Hope42010

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Brazil
It does not make any sense to me. He would be more productive if his family were there with him.

Unfortunately what is fair does not means justice considering some countries can take up to 24 months to process ones aplication.

Family is the base of any strong society. My two cents.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope42010 said:
It does not make any sense to me. He would be more productive if his family were there with him.
Your opinion is that he would be more productive, I doubt that he is less productive because his wife is not in Canada - either way, there are other things to consider.
The "visit visa" has been refused twice because immigration feels she would overstay.
The OP chose to come and work in Canada and is following the rules, this is the way immigration works in Canada.

FWIW In earlier days immigrant husbands came to Canada without their family, and worked for many years to settle, then after many years their family followed.

Hope42010

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Brazil
Whitout making this post extend past it's original subject.

Allow me to respect but no agree with you,

I had lived such experience and I can tell, once my family was with me I improve my life way further, from renting I brought a place, from exployee I became an employer, from buying couple hundred dollars food, I went to 600, my kids went to school got an education which generate other spences or in another terms, jobs were created, taxes were paid more often, etc., it's just math.

So again, if she would overstay her visa it would be very stupid because it's going to damage his almost completed appllication. Why put it at risk? Let the wife come, she is not jumping anything.

benchioa

Dec 5, 2008
I m working here as a foreign worker for 5 years and i got married in 2009, i got AINP nomination last year. I m trying to get my wife here,she apply for visit visa 02 times ,but refused,reason they say that no proof of her return, I dont get the point , she is included in my AINP nomination and the PR application, she is going to join with me somehow when i get my PR. I m working here for 5 years full time with clean records,i pay Tax, so It doesnt make sence at all. Isnt it right?//

CAN ANYONE GUIDE ME ON THIS PLS......................

Hi Shanep,

I had a similar problem before, when I applied my wife for visitor visa it got denied. But because I got promoted to assistant manager I tried to apply her for spousial work permit and it worked. I don't know which skill category your visa falls, but if you fall on the skilled worker why not try it.

shanep

Feb 3, 2011
Hi benchioa,
Thanks for writing here. I m under skill worker, my title is food service manager now, when she apply I was under food service supervior. how can I apply for spousial work permit.and how long ago this happen.
thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are refusing her because she doesn't intend to visit. She intends to stay. A visit has a beginning and end. CIC fears that her visit would have no end. You can keep trying or you can wait until your PR is approved.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In general, repeat applications (where nothing has changed) achieve very little, apart from wasting time and money.

In many cases, when a PR application is in process, if the partner needs a visa (not visa exempt) to visit Canada, it is refused.
As rjessome points out, the IO sees the likelihood of overstay as very high and rejects the application.