+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can make my own business go faster?

ceredoc

Feb 12, 2009
I did acupuncture for many years in my country.After I came Toronto,Canada, I opened a small my own business
-an acupuncture clinic.I am a skilled staff and be working hard everyday. But my business is still slow. Now,I is worring if
my decision of immigation to Canada is correct or not ?What cause my business slow?

1.Canada does not need my this kind skill ?
2.Too bad Economy depression cause every professions all slow? and when this slowness can be over?

If I change to other kind profession to do work, Is that easy? Which one profession suit me? Need long time to change a
profession? :( :(

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ceredoc said:
I did acupuncture for many years in my country.After I came Toronto,Canada, I opened a small my own business
-an acupuncture clinic.I am a skilled staff and be working hard everyday. But my business is still slow. Now,I is worring if
my decision of immigation to Canada is correct or not ?What cause my business slow?

1.Canada does not need my this kind skill ?
2.Too bad Economy depression cause every professions all slow? and when this slowness can be over?

If I change to other kind profession to do work, Is that easy? Which one profession suit me? Need long time to change a
profession? :( :(
Location can be a factor.

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The English in your post looks/sounds like it could be improved.
Might that be a factor?

dcpaley

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ceredoc,

A couple of thoughts: You might try approaching massage therapists, chiropractors, and physio therapists in your community to introduce yourself. Networking with other professionals will let them know you are there and this may build referrals.

You may also try renting a booth at running events (marathons 5k runs etc.).

If you'd like some specific help, I'm happy to assist, simply contact me.

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Do you accept health plans? I know my brother went to an acupuncture clinic and he was able to write off part of his acupuncture expenses because he had a student health plan at the University of Toronto. You might want to register with the bigger private insurance companies that accept health plans because people with such health plans would use your services.

Also many day spas and holistic health centers offer acupuncture services as well. It may be more cost-effective to work for them as an acupuncturist than to run your own business, because you get a steady salary and you don't have to worry about bringing in clients and you don't have to worry about paying rent, etc. After you have established yourself you can try branching out on your own again.

There are lots of sources of free advertising too - craigslist, forums such as these, etc. put up flyers at community centers and high traffic areas such as malls and schools and large office buildings. Put an ad in the yellow pages with your business' name on it.

dcpaley

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mediajunkie's ideas are sound. The only one I'm not convined with is Yellow Pages. A line ad there is a must while a display ad may not work. Try it, monitor it, if it works great, if not try something else.

Felix07Richerd

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry friend, your business will grow soon, be patient and provide better services as you can.

hbic

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
new york
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-jul-2010
AOR Received.
07-dec-2010
File Transfer...
05-apr-2011
Med's Request
20-jul-2011
Med's Done....
03-aug-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-sep-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-sep-2011
LANDED..........
07-oct-2011
i agree to some replies here, you do need to improve a lot... specially your marketing strategy.. offer more services, good location, make a way that your clinic be known in your community: ads... participate in community events..., partnership with other organizations in the community, etc... most important, let the public know the importance of your service/services and what they can get out of it.... like health related...