+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I Travel before receiving my PR card.

rbhargavak

Jun 13, 2021
Hi
I am waiting for my PR card, but due to the strike the processing time is delayed further. How can I travel outside Canada without my PR card.
The trip is only for a couple if days so I don't think I will be able to get a PRTD.
Is there no other way I can travel? Or should I cancel my Trip ?

Thanks

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi
I am waiting for my PR card, but due to the strike the processing time is delayed further. How can I travel outside Canada without my PR card.
The trip is only for a couple if days so I don't think I will be able to get a PRTD.

Thanks
The strike is over so expect it soon.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

Thanks
How long is your trip and where are you going? You don't need a PRTD or PR card to leave.

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
The only way to re enter, given you will only be away for a few days and you have already received copr, is to return through land border POEs from the US.

Rohit Abby Elias

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hi

Thanks
You can enter Canada in car or foot through land border using COPR. You cab leave any way you want

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Looks like it is actually getting worse, the processing time posted on the site went up quite a bit in a month.
Yes with a new category being introduced every other day it is. I agree moreover I don't think the timeline being mentioned everywhere does not goes as it is. Some people report of getting the whole process in over an year whereas others waiting for over a couple of years. I hope you get yours soon. All the best.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Yes with a new category being introduced every other day it is. I agree moreover I don't think the timeline being mentioned everywhere does not goes as it is. Some people report of getting the whole process in over an year whereas others waiting for over a couple of years. I hope you get yours soon. All the best.
I just hope that simple PR card renewal won't take over a couple of years, though, with IRCC, I am sure this happens