+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I prove my relationship to my aunt?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I posted this on another forum yesterday but did not receive a response. As you guys know, EE asks us if we have any relatives in Canada. I answered yes and now have to provide some sort of proof of my relationship to my aunt as well as some documentation regarding her status in Canada. Proving my aunt's status is straightforward. I'll include a scan of her passport as well as a utility bill with her residential address.

Proving my relationship is proving difficult for a few reasons. My mother died in 1992 and much of the documentation we have left only mentions her husband's name and not her fathers. The paperwork we have includes a passport and a national ID card. The only document that shows her father's name is a mark sheet from early 1980s, but even in this document her name is spelled using a variant she did not use later in life.

Her death certificate and marriage certificate are now lost, it seems. In light of this, how can I prove my relationship to my aunt?

When it comes to the application, I am above the minimum criteria for FSW:
  • I have 24 points for language (CLB9)
  • I have 23 points for education (masters)
  • I have 11 points for work experience (2-3 years)
  • I have 12 points for age
  • I have 5 points for adaptability (2 year Canadian degree)
This brings me to a total of 75 and thus technically I do not 'need' to prove the relationship to my aunt. I would appreciate some advice on how to proceed with this.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Points for aunt/uncle only counts for the six selection factors. If you already have 67 points or more you don't need to claim for your aunt.
Only siblings count towards CRS points.