+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW CAN I NOT INCLUDE MY SPOUSE IN MY APPLICATION? i need answers please...

ynnej

Mar 25, 2009
Hi! I am under the Live-in Caregiver class and done with the program. Both my hubby and son are here, they both came from US. Couple moths ago me and my hubby decided to call it quits, and I have my son with me. I just recently filed a Permanent Residence application and I did not include my (ex) hubby in the application though I declared I am still married and also extended their Visitor status here. Couple days ago the CIC called me and they require me to submit a separate application for my (ex) hubby and he needs to submit a Police Clearance and undergo medical exams as well. My question is, how can i not include my (ex) hubby in the application so he wont go with the process of background checks and medical exams? coz I really am not sure where he is right now. What steps are appropriate with my situation? I wanted to hire an Immigration Lawyer but I am on a tight budget as well considering I am the only one providing for our child. Please help me I really need help....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ynnej said:
Hi! I am under the Live-in Caregiver class and done with the program. Both my hubby and son are here, they both came from US. Couple moths ago me and my hubby decided to call it quits, and I have my son with me. I just recently filed a Permanent Residence application and I did not include my (ex) hubby in the application though I declared I am still married and also extended their Visitor status here. Couple days ago the CIC called me and they require me to submit a separate application for my (ex) hubby and he needs to submit a Police Clearance and undergo medical exams as well. My question is, how can i not include my (ex) hubby in the application so he wont go with the process of background checks and medical exams? coz I really am not sure where he is right now. What steps are appropriate with my situation? I wanted to hire an Immigration Lawyer but I am on a tight budget as well considering I am the only one providing for our child. Please help me I really need help....
1. Write a letter to CIC explaining that you are separated from your spouse and wish him removed from the application. Also state that you realize that if he is removed, and not examined, that you cannot sponsor him in the future. Send it registered. There are probably Immigrant groups in your area that can help you draft the letter.

PMM