IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
I am preparing myself for going to Canada. In these last moments before landing there is one more thing that I don't know how to handle. I will land with my family (wife and 3 kids) and we will carry 9 bags. How can I left these bags to the hotel? Are there any van that I can arrange once arriving there? Or shall I arrange with a company or unknown person before landing to carry these bags from airport to hotel?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can hire a full size SUV from the airport taxi service. When you come out from the arrival terminal, you will find taxi cabs waiting outside. You can ask the driver to call a large SUV for you. Or get their company phone number and make a call for suitable vehicle, from the public telephone at the airport using 50 cents coin.

karankohli

Star Member
Jul 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats first for the move to canada.

Assuming you are landing in toronto, you can take 2 cabs, one you and one or two kids and one with ur wife and one or two kids. If you have a hotel in these places you will have to pay

Missisauga $30
north york $45
Scarborough $65
Downtown will be around 90

Now these are a rough estimate when i used to live in toronto 10 years back

van100

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
wilson said:
You can hire a full size SUV from the airport taxi service. When you come out from the arrival terminal, you will find taxi cabs waiting outside. You can ask the driver to call a large SUV for you. Or get their company phone number and make a call for suitable vehicle, from the public telephone at the airport using 50 cents coin.
Many Thanks Wilson
+1

van100

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
karankohli said:
Congrats first for the move to canada.

Assuming you are landing in toronto, you can take 2 cabs, one you and one or two kids and one with ur wife and one or two kids. If you have a hotel in these places you will have to pay

Missisauga $30
north york $45
Scarborough $65
Downtown will be around 90

Now these are a rough estimate when i used to live in toronto 10 years back
Many Thanks karankohli.
Yes I want go to Missisauga :)
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation

van100

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
wilson said:
Crown taxi : 416 240 000 , 905 480 000
They have station wagons or vans.
Can I call these numbers as international call(from my rooming sim card)? Because I will have neither coins nor Canadian sim card.
Thank you again for your prompt and immediate help

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Perhaps you can check with the hotel if they have free shuttle bus/limo service? The last time I was in Winnipeg, the hotel had such service offered to their customers.

Yes, you can call those numbers from your roaming sim card, but could be more expensive than local pay phones. Better check with your phone company at home about the rates before arriving Canada.

BTW, you can also rent a full size SUV or minivan from the airport from brands such as hertz.ca

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
van100 said:
Can I call these numbers as international call(from my rooming sim card)? Because I will have neither coins nor Canadian sim card.
Thank you again for your prompt and immediate help
At the airport you will be able to find SUVs or vans as steaky also mentioned.
You have to get two trolleys from the baggage area to carry your luggage. You need to insert 2 CAD coins for each trolley to release from the lock. You may use your credit card also. But I suggest to get some coins from the exchange counter, if possible, as soon as your landing formalities completed.

van100

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
steaky said:
Perhaps you can check with the hotel if they have free shuttle bus/limo service? The last time I was in Winnipeg, the hotel had such service offered to their customers.

Yes, you can call those numbers from your roaming sim card, but could be more expensive than local pay phones. Better check with your phone company at home about the rates before arriving Canada.

BTW, you can also rent a full size SUV or minivan from the airport from brands such as hertz.ca
Thank you very much

van100

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
wilson said:
At the airport you will be able to find SUVs or vans as steaky also mentioned.
You have to get two trolleys from the baggage area to carry your luggage. You need to insert 2 CAD coins for each trolley to release from the lock. You may use your credit card also. But I suggest to get some coins from the exchange counter, if possible, as soon as your landing formalities completed.
Wilson I am so thankful for your detailed information. I am so lucky to have your replies