+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I go to India in emergency

Sahil1999

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hello,
I have applied for my TRV on Feb 7. My visa is going to be expired on 31 March. I have valid PGWP. I have to go to India in emergency because of some personal problems. It's been one and half month and I still don't get my passport request. Can anyone tell me the way I can go to India ASAP.
HOW MUCH TIME IRCC TAKE TO SEND PASSPORT REQUEST FOR TRV?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I have applied for my TRV on Feb 7. My visa is going to be expired on 31 March. I have valid PGWP. I have to go to India in emergency because of some personal problems. It's been one and half month and I still don't get my passport request. Can anyone tell me the way I can go to India ASAP.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Processing times for TRVs are slow right now and it's not possible for any of us to say when you might hear back.

You don't need the approved TRV to travel to India. If you have an emergency situation, you can travel now. Of course you'll need to wait for the TRV to be approved in order to return to Canada.

Sahil1999

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Processing times for TRVs are slow right now and it's not possible for any of us to say when you might hear back.

You don't need the approved TRV to travel to India. If you have an emergency situation, you can travel now. Of course you'll need to wait for the TRV to be approved in order to return to Canada.
How much time does it take to approve my TRV from India? Cause I have to come back within 2 months to Canada? Can I get my TRV approved in India within 2 months?

Thanks again

Reactions: sharmilasusanna

Sahil1999

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019

Can I travel without a valid TRV? Please let me know ASAP.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can I travel without a valid TRV? Please let me know ASAP.
Thanks
Do you mean leave Canada? Yes, you can certainly leave Canada without a valid TRV.

Sahil1999

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Do you mean leave Canada? Yes, you can certainly leave Canada without a valid TRV.
Thank you so much for your feedback. Do they ask me any questions at airport?
Can I transfer my Canada TRV application to India if yes how can I do that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There won't be any questions at the airport in Canada.

I can't answer your second question.

sarvana92

Feb 24, 2020
You don't need trv to enter India. You are good there. Book your flight and start planning for your travel

There few people trying to get stamping from India with Candian status. Same status as you are. Try searching for those threads. Not sure about the timeline

Reactions: Sahil1999

Sahil1999

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
You don't need trv to enter India. You are good there. Book your flight and start planning for your travel

There few people trying to get stamping from India with Candian status. Same status as you are. Try searching for those threads. Not sure about the timeline
Thank you so much for your reply.

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Hello,

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Hi, you can leave Canada, no question at the airport provided you have the accurate document for the country you're traveling to. But when coming back, you need your TRV on your passport to enter Canada. It happened to me and a friend (pre-covid). I had my valid pgwp, travelled to my home country but on my way back, I was refused boarding. I had to go back to apply for TRV (Canadian embassy in my home country), got it stamped on my passport before I was able to return to Canada.

Nish2024

Mar 28, 2024
Hi I am in same boat. SO what did you do? you travelled to India and then what happened to your TRV which you applied from canada?

Hello,

THANKS IN ADVANCE