Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
my question is: how do I get you seasoned members to pay any attention to my “pretty decent if I may say so” posts?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Your case is pretty difficult, maybe even close to impossible in your circumstances, and honestly beyond the capacity of non-professional volunteers, which may explain the reluctance of people to advise you.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Your case is pretty difficult, maybe even close to impossible in your circumstances, and honestly beyond the capacity of non-professional volunteers, which may explain the reluctance of people to advise you.
Hi Bella... can I ask you to elaborate a little bit? May I ask what part of my case is particularly difficult?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I can’t speak for everyone else, but if you ask me, it’s your countries of citizenship and residence. Those circumstances are difficult/impossible to overturn in a short timeframe.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Oh ok you mean Iraqis and Algerians don’t get visas to Canada typically even if they’re

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Oh ok you mean Iraqis and Algerians don’t get visas to Canada typically even if they’re
Sorry for the incomplete reply. So even if Iraqis and Algerian nationals living in Oman that are pretty well off financially and the daughter wants to attend a 2 week pre-uni program - they still don’t get Visit visas to Canada?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Sorry for the incomplete reply. So even if Iraqis and Algerian nationals living in Oman that are pretty well off financially and the daughter wants to attend a 2 week pre-uni program - they still don’t get Visit visas to Canada?
That’s just my guess based on observations on cases here. I could be wrong. I am not a professional neither do I have any inside knowledge of how visa officers decide, but there are general trends and patterns from the cases posted here. It is also always possible to buck trends, but that’s beyond my scope of advice.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
That’s just my guess based on observations on cases here. I could be wrong. I am not a professional neither do I have any inside knowledge of how visa officers decide, but there are general trends and patterns from the cases posted here. It is also always possible to buck trends, but that’s beyond my scope of advice.
Thanks Bella... to be honest with you I haven’t seen much on this site that pertains to Iraqis and Algerians. Appreciate your input though.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
my question is: how do I get you seasoned members to pay any attention to my “pretty decent if I may say so” posts?
Whether people respond generally has nothing to do with the quality of your posts but whether they think they have something to contribute.

I don't have much to contribute. Your temporary status in Oman is your main issue IMO and I don't think there's a way to overcome this at this time. I think you have two realistic options. Send your daughter alone to the two week program. Or don't reapply and have her apply for a study permit once she is ready to attend university in Canada (assuming that's the direction she wants to go).

Reactions: bellaluna

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Whether people respond generally has nothing to do with the quality of your posts but whether they think they have something to contribute.

I don't have much to contribute. Your temporary status in Oman is your main issue IMO and I don't think there's a way to overcome this at this time. I think you have two realistic options. Send your daughter alone to the two week program. Or don't reapply and have her apply for a study permit once she is ready to attend university in Canada (assuming that's the direction she wants to go).
Thanks Scylla. Awesome feedback - we are actually going to apply for her to go alone and signed her up for the next program starting on the 28th of July. I have a technical question: do we apply for a TRV and specify purpose as “Visitor” in application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your other issue is that there have been a large amount of Iraqi asylum seekers. Canada is very aware that the gulf countries do not grant permanent residency to foreigners and there is a lot of PR applications and asylum applications coming from people who are living and working in a gulf country but who want to have a permanent place to live that is not based on their employer. Many Syrian, Yemeni, Iraqi, Somali that want to get to Canada before they are forced to return home since some countries are cracking down on foreign workers.