+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how can i claim points for sibling in canada

Jan 11, 2019
my real brother has got PR and will land in 2nd week of February , can i able to get claim of sibling points in 3rd week of february .
and what documents i need to show to claim points

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Yes, you can claim points for your sibling. The documents you will need are

1. Proof of relationship - birth certificate or passport showing parent's name.
2. Proof of PR status - PR card or signed copr will do
3. Proof of residence - utility bills or rent/lease documents.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Well, it all depends on how soon he rents a place.

WS.925

Jan 13, 2019
My brother is a Canadian PR and lives in Canada. He has documents to prove his residence (Utility bill, Bank statement etc). However right now he is visiting outside Canada so if I apply for PR right now he will not be present in Canada. Does he have to be present in Canada at the time of application?

torontoreddy

Apr 16, 2019
My brother is a Canadian PR and lives in Canada. He has documents to prove his residence (Utility bill, Bank statement etc). However right now he is visiting outside Canada so if I apply for PR right now he will not be present in Canada. Does he have to be present in Canada at the time of application?
Hi, in similar situation right now. My brother is planning to visit out of Canada for couple of months on vacation while my application is under processing. I don't understand how I can restrict my sibling from traveling or taking vacations. He will still have his car payments and bank payments gng on. will that be good enough. He has been in canada for more than 9 years and still is

WS.925

Jan 13, 2019
Hi, in similar situation right now. My brother is planning to visit out of Canada for couple of months on vacation while my application is under processing. I don't understand how I can restrict my sibling from traveling or taking vacations. He will still have his car payments and bank payments gng on. will that be good enough. He has been in canada for more than 9 years and still is
Hi, you won't have a problem as long as you provide documents to prove his residence. I showed my brother's bank statement, mobile bill and COPR as supporting documents. I also explained this in the LOE. I received my COPR a month ago. Good luck!

Reactions: paneka penalty

torontoreddy

Apr 16, 2019
Great Thanks! Yes I do have his bank statements till current date. And he will be paying his car installments and insurance even when he is traveling. So if they ask for updated proof, I can provide those documents as well.
So Even I will mention this in my LOE about his probable plans to take a vacation during Christmas time.

Tashasiq

Apr 22, 2019
Great Thanks! Yes I do have his bank statements till current date. And he will be paying his car installments and insurance even when he is traveling. So if they ask for updated proof, I can provide those documents as well.
So Even I will mention this in my LOE about his probable plans to take a vacation during Christmas time.
Hi Sir,

did you successfully get your PR Approved?

Nasach

Mar 16, 2023
Hi, you won't have a problem as long as you provide documents to prove his residence. I showed my brother's bank statement, mobile bill and COPR as supporting documents. I also explained this in the LOE. I received my COPR a month ago. Good luck!
Hi, I claimed points for my sibling but he is landing in three weeks' time. Is that a case of misrepresentation? I just want to be sure that the officer wouldn't refuse my application on the ground of claiming a point I didn't have at that point in time. Thanks for your prompt response.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, I claimed points for my sibling but he is landing in three weeks' time. Is that a case of misrepresentation? I just want to be sure that the officer wouldn't refuse my application on the ground of claiming a point I didn't have at that point in time. Thanks for your prompt response.
Yes it is. For claiming points you have to prove that the said person has been living in Canada and contributing to the economy. Doesn't the system asked you for a proof of your sibling? If not you will be asked.

Nasach

Mar 16, 2023
Yes it is. For claiming points you have to prove that the said person has been living in Canada and contributing to the economy. Doesn't the system asked you for a proof of your sibling? If not you will be asked.
Yes I haven't accepted my invitation to apply yet. I plan to when they arrive so I can use their signed CoPR to show their status and lease as proof of living in Canada.

Nasach

Mar 16, 2023
I am very aware I need to show proof. I just claimed the points in advance. I thought that was the same situation with you that was why I asked. PS: I don't think it's about contributing to Canada, the point of a relative in Canada is "adaptability"- being able to have a support system.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes I haven't accepted my invitation to apply yet. I plan to when they arrive so I can use their signed CoPR to show their status and lease as proof of living in Canada.
Ok, then its fine. I answered as you asked " I claimed points...."