+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Can i bring my wife with me to canada

Alex1234Alex

Feb 13, 2019
HI All,

I have a few questions on the about immigrating my wife to Canada with me.

I am currently living outside of Canada (but i am a Canadian citizen)and have been for the last 5 years. I recently got married and am looking to bring my wife with me to Canada.

I recently got a job offer and i am supposed to start with in 6 week.

Would you please be kind enough and walk me thew the best way to apply. I would like for her to leave with me since she has no family left where she is originally from

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
HI All,

I have a few questions on the about immigrating my wife to Canada with me.

I am currently living outside of Canada (but i am a Canadian citizen)and have been for the last 5 years. I recently got married and am looking to bring my wife with me to Canada.

I recently got a job offer and i am supposed to start with in 6 week.

Would you please be kind enough and walk me thew the best way to apply. I would like for her to leave with me since she has no family left where she is originally from

Thank you
You can start the spousal PR application right away even though you're not in Canada. You would need to include evidence to show that you plan to return to Canada shortly (your job offer will help, for example).

That said, is your wife from a visa-exempt country? If yes, she can apply for an eTA. Once she is in Canada, you can then apply for a spousal PR via the inland route

Alex1234Alex

Feb 13, 2019
You can start the spousal PR application right away even though you're not in Canada. You would need to include evidence to show that you plan to return to Canada shortly (your job offer will help, for example).

That said, is your wife from a visa-exempt country? If yes, she can apply for an eTA. Once she is in Canada, you can then apply for a spousal PR via the inland route
Hi Bryanna

No she is not from a visa-exempt country.

If applying for a spousal PR application, will we be able to get everything in order with in the 6 weeks?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
If applying for a spousal PR application, will we be able to get everything in order with in the 6 weeks?
Both outland and inland spousal PR applications are currently taking about 12 months for processing.

She would need to apply for a TRV. Chances of a TRV approval would depend on the strength of her ties to her home country, previous travel history, etc. It's not easy to get a TRV approval under these circumstances but she can certainly try

sunny242728

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Indore M.P
Visa Office......
Banglore
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016 spp category
IELTS Request
upfront 6.5 overall
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
upfront 26-07-2016
Med's Done....
passed 20-08-2016
Passport Req..
Received on 03-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-8-2016
LANDED..........
12-09-2016
Hi All,

I have mentioned in my application that I am married and also submitted the marriage certificate for SOWP. The CIC asks me to provide proof of relationship. What are the documents I should submit for this ?