+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I apply for PGWP as a visitor

yijiang

May 15, 2019
Hello,every one
I need help. I just graduated from college and got final transcript on March 11. My study permit expired on May 28. I went back to China on May 25 and returned to Canada on August 16 with Visitor visa which I got a few years ago. Today I went into CICC website to apply for my PGWP, and answered questionnaire. Finally. it showed I am not eligible to apply for it. As we know, new rule for PGWP allows us to apply it in 180 days.
and my status is changed to visitor. but according to questionnaire. It doesn't work.
Thank you,guys.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just to clarify that you using the online application for the PGWP ?

Just a guess but was there a question that asked for the most recent visitor record, study permit , work permit or temporary resident permit issued to you ? What did you enter in answer to this ?

Last edited:

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You probably need to select your status as student but talk to your school advisor first. Also you could have applied at the poe when you came in and probably got it immediately.

yijiang

May 15, 2019
Just to clarify that you using the online application for the PGWP ?

Just a guess but was there a question that asked for the most recent visitor record, study permit , work permit or temporary resident permit issued to you ? What did you enter in answer to this ?
Yes, I applied on line. The question is "
What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Since my study permit expired and I returned with visitor visa. So I selected " Visitor" instead of "Student"

yijiang

May 15, 2019
You probably need to select your status as student but talk to your school advisor first. Also you could have applied at the poe when you came in and probably got it immediately.
Yes, air port immigration officer asked me some questions and he said I can apply for PGWP inboard only. not at air port.