+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can an ACCA affiliate get PR in canada?

Tooba Badar

Jan 11, 2018
Assalam o alikum,
I want to settle in Canada. Right now I'm Pakistani national and doing ACCA. if i clear my remaining exams of ACCA in Canada. Do i get work permit? And then PR?
Which ACCA institutes are DLI approved?
my uncle and grandparents are citizen there. Will this help me to get PR if I'm there on study visa?
I started ACCA after matric, Am I eligible for OBU degree?

Last edited:
Reactions: jman25

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - you won't get a work permit if you clear you remaining exams in Canada.

You would need to complete a full time program in Canada that is at least eight months long to qualify for a work permit. If you want to have the highest chance of qualifying for PR, you should take a full time two year program so that you qualify for a three year work permit after you complete your studies.

No - having an uncle and grandparents who are citizens will not help you to get PR. You will have to qualify on your own based on your education, work experience, language skills, etc.

Reactions: Tooba Badar

Tooba Badar

Jan 11, 2018
Professional module based on 6 papers. It will exceed 8months. Won't i get work permit now?
Or if i take admission in Canada for A levels, Will they issue work permit on A level?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A professional module won't lead to a work permit since you're not attending school full time - all you have to do is submit 6 papers. You need to complete a full time program that's at least 8 months in length.

Canada doesn't have A levels. If you attend high school - no work permit. You have to complete a college or university program.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Why not come to Canada and do an Accounting course for at least 2-3 years. Along with you ACCA qualifications it would be very useful and then you can get a PGWP and hopefully get a position in a accounting firm. As well, if you are studying full time, you could work part time at an accountants for experience (max 20 hours). I worked with ACCA in Scotland and that's what a lot of people done in other countries..

Tooba Badar

Jan 11, 2018
I have to decide here what will I'm gonna do in canada and also acceptance letter required for study visa. Isn't there a way to go to Canada and then decide where to take admission.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I would suggest looking at public colleges or universities for courses you are interested in. Doing ACCA accreditation will not get you a work permit.

omTheva

May 18, 2019
Toronto School of management provides 2 year visa for acca study, is it advisable to study there for 2 years and apply for work permit or PR after two years?

Tarikul

Jul 16, 2018
Toronto School of management provides 2 year visa for acca study, is it advisable to study there for 2 years and apply for work permit or PR after two years?
No you aren’t going to get pgwp after completing acca from tsom! even though tsom is dli listed but they can’t provide that facility!https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html
Search here you will get to know which institutes are able to provide pgwp

Reactions: mohitchaturvedi95

Gamefreebie

Dec 26, 2020
I am currently pursuing Bcom in India with ACCA and I want to immigrate to canda and pursue CPA ? What should I do? Do I have to start with a local college and than pursue CPA or can I just register to CPA after my ACCA from India?

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
I am currently pursuing Bcom in India with ACCA and I want to immigrate to canda and pursue CPA ? What should I do? Do I have to start with a local college and than pursue CPA or can I just register to CPA after my ACCA from India?
ACCA and CPA Canada had an MRA signed earlier which expired this year. i dont know if it is renewed now or going to be renewed in future. it required that :
If u have done ur ACCA and if u had a 4 year bachelors degree accredition ( OBU Bsc was recognized which ACCA students get after completing some papers and on submission of thesis) then you have to complete the online Law and Tax exam and show some years of experience after which they ll grant you CPA BC
just search online for MRA between ACCA and CPA for more information

rheac200700

Aug 19, 2020
Hi im expected to graduate from ACCA in Dec 2021 and want to apply for an 8 month course in Canada. But the university replied back to me saying they don't accept ACCA to apply for a post graduate course because you need to graduate from a college or university. In this case will a WES evaluation help me? if so how much is an ACCA equivalent to in WES?

Thanks