How and When to pay RPRF?

aili_hz

Oct 19, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saka101 said:
@ Rossei...u got Passport request today???

hi~hv u done ur medical exam yet,,i got the same timeline with u :D but my e-case is in ottawa now,,wired :-[

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aili_hz said:
hi~hv u done ur medical exam yet,,i got the same timeline with u :D but my e-case is in ottawa now,,wired :-[
Hey,

Yes I did my medicals and it was received. did u do urs? What does your ecas status say?

tylerwerewolf

Oct 2, 2011
rossie..

thanks for answering.. i just checked my ecas.. it says that my applic ation was received oct. 2010,,, then medical was completed.. then they start processing my paper sept 28 2011.. :) you think im close to ppr?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
tylerwerewolf said:
rossie..

thanks for answering.. i just checked my ecas.. it says that my applic ation was received oct. 2010,,, then medical was completed.. then they start processing my paper sept 28 2011.. :) you think im close to ppr?
Yes, you are very close. You can send an email to Buffalo asking them cordially when you can expect PPR since you already paid the RPRF. From their reply, you can ensure if they are sending your PPR in email or regular mail. You can go through my PPR and get prepared. Good luck!

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Rossei, did you ever heard anybody getting ppr by regular mail from buffalo??

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sinpguy said:
Rossei, did you ever heard anybody getting ppr by regular mail from buffalo??
AOR/PPR always used to come in regular mail even few months back. Most of my friends applied in CEC category and thet got their PPR in regular mail during the first quarter of 2011. I know very few people in person under PNP category.

It's very recent that Buffalo converted into email re: correspondence. I assume applicants who applied last year may get PPR in regular mail and the rest who applied this year, falling under new regulations of correspondence, will get their PPR in email. This is my personal thought.

anu_pallavi

Jun 8, 2011
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
Rossei said:
For sinpguy and many others who are interested, I'm copying the PPR email here:

Dear XXXX:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to request the Right of Permanent Residence fee(s) and your passports for visa issuance.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Every principal applicant and his/her accompanying spouse/common law partner is required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee. The RPRF must be submitted in the form of a money order, certified cheque or bank draft.

The RPRF must be submitted in the form of a money order, certified cheque or bank draft payable to the “Canadian Consulate General”. Please write your file number on the back of the cheque, money order or bank draft.

The RPRF will be refunded if for any reason you do not immigrate to Canada.

More fee information is available on our website

Passport requirements:

We require an original VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member.

- Passports for you and your accompanying family members should be submitted together.
- There must be at least one blank page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport or that of your spouse/partner, there must also be one blank page in your or your spouse's passport for each child.
- Please note: Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Photographs:

We require three (3) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member. Please submit them with your passports. You will find photograph specifications on our website.

We require height and eye colour for you and each accompanying family member

You have two options to choose from regarding the submission and return of your passports:

(A) in-person submission and return or
(B) by US Express Mail Service or Canada Post Xpresspost mail for addresses in the US and Canada only.

Option A: Submit your passports in person

Passports can be brought to our office at the following address:

Canadian Consulate General
30th floor
One HSBC Centre
Buffalo, NY

Passports may be brought in on Tuesday or Thursday between the hours of 8:00 am and 11:00 am. Bring this email when you come. Every effort will be made to have your passports available to be picked up between 1:30 and 3:00 pm the same day. You may send a representative with your passports. Your representative must have your written authorization and will be required to show photo identification. Please ensure that all passports requiring visas (i.e. the passport of the principal applicant and all accompanying dependants) are submitted at the same time. For security reasons, the Canadian Consulate General limits access to the immigration waiting room and does not allow the entry of recording or transmitting devices into the waiting room or interview areas. This includes all types of cell phones and laptop computers.

Option B: Submit your passports by mail

Send your original passports with this email along with an envelope for their return (see below) to one of the following addresses. Please take great care to reproduce the appropriate mailing address below EXACTLY as written.

If your address is in the USA, send your passport(s) by US mail or commercial courier to:

Canadian Consulate General (RFV)
Immigration Regional Program Centre
1 HSBC Center, Suite 3000
Buffalo, NY 14203-2884
USA

If your address is in the USA, we strongly recommend that you supply a return envelope for your passports using the United States Postal Service's premium Express Mail service.

Provide a self addressed, prepaid, flat rate 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail envelope. Make a note of the tracking number.

Your passports will usually be returned to you within 15 business days from the day we receive them. This does not include any time it may take for the Post Office to deliver them.

If your address is in Canada, send your passport(s) by Canada Post to:

Canadian Consulate General (RFV)
Immigration Regional Program Centre
P.O. Box 660
Fort Erie, Ontario L2A 6R6
Canada

If your address is in Canada, we strongly recommend that you supply a return envelope for your passports using Canada Post's premium National Xpresspost service. Do not send us an Xpresspost - USA envelope. Taking advantage of our proximity to the Canadian border, we can make arrangements to have your passports mailed from Canada using your return envelope.

Purchase a 24 x 32 cm prepaid National Xpresspost envelope (not Xpresspost - USA ) at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field leaving the “Return Address” field blank. Make a note of the tracking number.

Your passports will usually be returned to you within 15 business days from the day we receive them. This does not include any time it may take for the Post Office to deliver them.

Please note:
- Passports sent to us by mail will be returned to you by United States Postal Service regular mail unless you use one of the premium services described below.
- We will not return your passports by courier.
- We will not return passports to addresses outside Canada and the United States.
- Passports sent to us by mail cannot be picked up in person.
- Our office is not liable for lost or stolen passports.

Important notice:

Do not submit your passports at this time if:
- you have married or divorced since our last correspondence;
- you have given birth to or adopted a child since our last correspondence;
- you intend to get married or divorced prior to your landing in Canada; or
- you intend to give birth to or adopt a child prior to your landing in Canada

If any of these conditions apply, your new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found to be admissible to Canada before permanent resident visas can be issued. A failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children prior to your becoming a permanent residence could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to make a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

In the event that you do have additional dependants to add to or remove from your application, you should immediately advise our office. You will be asked to submit evidence such a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place.

Immigration Section/Section de l'immigration
Consulate General of Canada
Consulat général du Canada
Buffalo, New York
buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Hey Rossie..... I need one small info....In your message it says that RPRF should be paid by Prinicipal applicant and his/her spouse.... but what about other accompanying family members like children??? We need to pay RPRF for children too???

Anu

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
anu_pallavi said:
Hey Rossie..... I need one small info....In your message it says that RPRF should be paid by Prinicipal applicant and his/her spouse.... but what about other accompanying family members like children??? We need to pay RPRF for children too???

Anu
Dependent children are exempt from RPRF (Check: IMM EP7000 / Application for Permanent Residence - Guide for Provincial Nominees). Hence, it wasn't requested in my PPR.

anu_pallavi

Jun 8, 2011
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
Rossei said:
Dependent children are exempt from RPRF (Check: IMM EP7000 / Application for Permanent Residence - Guide for Provincial Nominees). Hence, it wasn't requested in my PPR.
Rossie,

Thanks for the useful info....

Anu

tylerwerewolf

Oct 2, 2011
hi rossie,

Good day! I just receive an email today asking for my passport, Im a little bit confused about this (your height and eye colour. Please include a note showing the height and eye colour of each accompanying family member) do I need a form to fill out for my height and eye color? where will I put a note? thanks...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
tylerwerewolf said:
hi rossie,

Good day! I just receive an email today asking for my passport, Im a little bit confused about this (your height and eye colour. Please include a note showing the height and eye colour of each accompanying family member) do I need a form to fill out for my height and eye color? where will I put a note? thanks...
I put down the info on a piece of paper and carried with me along with my passport, photo, PPR and RPRF when I drove to Buffalo for Visa stamping. They actually never asked for it. The receptionist only took copy of the email that refers to PPR, passport, photos and RPRF draft.

So, I would assume that it's not of much importance. If you are mailing your passport, just type them on a paper with your name, DOB and anything else that seems reasonable to identify and mail it with your passport.

tylerwerewolf

Oct 2, 2011
Thanks rossie,

I am gonna mail that passport to Ontario.. coz my address is here in Canada..

Thanks for the info :)

also how many weeks before they return your passport back?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
tylerwerewolf said:
Thanks rossie,

I am gonna mail that passport to Ontario.. coz my address is here in Canada..

Thanks for the info :)

also how many weeks before they return your passport back?
You probably didn't get it, I never mailed my passport. I took the in-person service for Visa stamping at Buffalo.

Cosmique

Jun 13, 2012
I just checked my status it was changed "Medical Results Have Been Received"

How long do I have to wait for my passport to be requested? For my PPR? I sent my medical results on mars 27, and the status just changed few days ago... I am very exciting about the trip. So how long?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Re: I just checked my status it was changed "Medical Results Have Been Received"

Cosmique said:
How long do I have to wait for my passport to be requested? For my PPR? I sent my medical results on mars 27, and the status just changed few days ago... I am very exciting about the trip. So how long?
Well, it varies. Usually no less than a month, as far as I've noticed. Depending on where you currently reside, which VO you applied to, and the mood of the officer who requests your PP, you might expect it from a month to several...