Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi all,

I have immigrant (FSW1) visa with my family and to be landed in Edmonton Alberta. I have qualification of B.Com. and MBA(Finance). I am scared to listen that initially it is more difficult to find the job in relevant field. Moreover, Canadian odd jobs are also difficult to acquire. I am little confused that how will I start in Edmonton. Any senior would like to enlighten the issue?

GhRasool

Tony3

Dec 16, 2011
Hi,

Regardless where you come from or your qualifications, Canada prefers their local qualification. I have lived in Edmonton for 16 years and they have very fine learning university like the University of Alberta and Grant McEwan college etc. Should not be difficult to convert your qualifications.

As for jobs , you have to work your way up .....again !!!! Yes it is painful , but still worth it. Edmonton is a great place to live and Alberta is a rich province too.

Just go with confidence , and have a very realistic approach to your new life. Most important thing to remember , try not to compare your life from home to Canada.

There will be a lot of good things you will exprience , but will miss some things too.

good luck to you !!!!

snowhity

Feb 13, 2012
@tonny ur comment is upbuilding and encouraging too for those of us aspiring to be in canada one some day

GhRasool

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Tony3 said:
Hi,

Regardless where you come from or your qualifications, Canada prefers their local qualification. I have lived in Edmonton for 16 years and they have very fine learning university like the University of Alberta and Grant McEwan college etc. Should not be difficult to convert your qualifications.

As for jobs , you have to work your way up .....again !!!! Yes it is painful , but still worth it. Edmonton is a great place to live and Alberta is a rich province too.

Just go with confidence , and have a very realistic approach to your new life. Most important thing to remember , try not to compare your life from home to Canada.

There will be a lot of good things you will exprience , but will miss some things too.

good luck to you !!!!
Thank you Tony for your guidance and support.

zagy

May 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GhRasool said:
Hi all,

I have immigrant (FSW1) visa with my family and to be landed in Edmonton Alberta. I have qualification of B.Com. and MBA(Finance). I am scared to listen that initially it is more difficult to find the job in relevant field. Moreover, Canadian odd jobs are also difficult to acquire. I am little confused that how will I start in Edmonton. Any senior would like to enlighten the issue?

GhRasool
Becareful My Friend,

I am not discourging you or not here to give you any negative thoughts. Whatever you heard about the jobs its 90% true. specially if you are in Ontario. I dont know about the jobs situation in Alberta. May be little bit better than Ontario. But one thing keep in mind, be ready for tough time, prepare your mind for the jobs you never thougt about while you were in Pakistan. As soon as you forget your status in Pakistan, that will be better for you and will less painfull!.

If you are very lucky you will get an entry level job in your field, with no surity of job, But remember the word "VERY LUCKY" If you didnt get a job then there are many survival jobs available. But these jobs are not easy.

To get a job in Canada you must have a solid network of people, I mean resourceful people. This is the only best option to get a job here.

No body cares about MBA or Bcom. They looks for CGA, CMA, CPA OR CA.

Why I am telling you all this Because I have the same qualification as your's.

GhRasool

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thank you dear friend Zagy for your comments. But, let me guide, is it not possible to do CGA/CMA etc. Other certificates may be taken in Accounting field from NAIT Edmonton. If life is hard there in Canada, is it easy in Pakistan. Certainly not. Now a days, no electricity, no control over monetary policy, PKR is shrinking day by day, unemployment at its highest, crime rate gone to steep, no light of betterment, everywhere corruption and corruption from peon to president. What to do in Pakistan. We are not living here an easy life. Lets see in Canada. I think there is at least a system which all public follows and this system also works. Hard working can be tolerated if system is correct.
Thank you again for valued comments brother Zagy.
Regards

Gorsi 116

Sep 12, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11- 2009
Doc's Request.
01-12-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
22-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
No
LANDED..........
No
GhRasool said:
Thank you dear friend Zagy for your comments. But, let me guide, is it not possible to do CGA/CMA etc. Other certificates may be taken in Accounting field from NAIT Edmonton. If life is hard there in Canada, is it easy in Pakistan. Certainly not. Now a days, no electricity, no control over monetary policy, PKR is shrinking day by day, unemployment at its highest, crime rate gone to steep, no light of betterment, everywhere corruption and corruption from peon to president. What to do in Pakistan. We are not living here an easy life. Lets see in Canada. I think there is at least a system which all public follows and this system also works. Hard working can be tolerated if system is correct.
Thank you again for valued comments brother Zagy.
Regards

Yes you are right that one should forget the past and be ready and willing to accept challenges. As they say you cant move forward if you twist your neck backwards. What you had in your home country is gone - not there any more. Its the fresh start in a new world where you carve your destiny by sheer hard work and intelligent networking. So dont lose heart, just have enough financial resources to survive for the first six months without any income and you will hit the ground running. Be positive and dont forget the reasons under which you decided to move to Canada. Good Luck to all.