+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW ACE IELTS EXAM FOR YOUR CANADIAN PR.

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
All the points are well put, I would like to add that build a decent vocabulary. Go through Barrons 1100 word list, this will be immensely helpful in writing and speaking sections. Also go through some online resources to how to structure your essays, just writing anything isn't going to get you marks, it has to be well organized.

For writing section, I highly recommend the strategies mentioned on following 2 links

http://www.goodluckielts.com
https://www.engvid.com/english-lessons/

@OP
It would be better to upload your pdf files somewhere and share the link here or else this thread is going to be collection of email ids for next 30 pages , unless you are okay with sending emails to hundreds of people.

Surya1285

Sep 22, 2017
Hi All,

My wife got overall band 8 in IELTS and she will be the primary applicant.
L-8.5, R-7.5, W-7.5, S-7.5

I recently took IELTS and got overall 6.5 band
L-7.5, R-6.5, W-5.5, S-6.5

On calculating our CRS scoring is coming 430. We both don’t have Masters degree. We have only Bachelors degree.
Can anyone suggest whether is it required to take IELTS once again for me?
Or can apply as a dependent visa?

Will there be any problem for spouse( dependent applicant) to work in Canada?

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Hi All,

On calculating our CRS scoring is coming 430. We both don’t have Masters degree. We have only Bachelors degree.

Your wife is currently at CLB 9, if she gets 8 in reading along with good scores in other sections next time, she will be CLB 10. In that case your CRS score would increase to may be 433.

There are spousal factors and if you also do well on IELTS next time, then you can get further improvement in overall score. If you can significantly improve your IELTS score, it can be a better boost to your CRS score and may take you above the threshold in coming draws. You guys are quite close, so yea, try to squeeze as much points in IELTS as you can. See how much your CRS will be if you get L/R/W/S as 8/7/7/7.

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
I recently completed my IELTS exam and got a score of R 8.5 L 8.5 S 7 W 7, overall score of 8 in IELTS. Not bad for my first attempt. This converted to an overall CRS score of 465 for my profile.

I would like to give you few hints and tips on how I was able to crack the exam. I prepared for about one week and wrote the exam. Now you might be wondering what the heck is this guy blabbing all about. There is no chance he is able to crack the exam in one week. Let me give you a brief background about myself. I am from India and have been taught English from a very young age. Yes, English is an official language in our country and almost all of us can fluently speak in the language. I would not consider myself an avid reader but have read a fair amount of books in my childhood. My parents were all about teaching me the importance of reading from a young age. Once I started college, reading took a backstage and I used to regularly watch series, documentaries and Hollywood movies. It would be safe to say that I had a decent command over the language. It was all about putting it all together in the right format. So, if you have zero knowledge of English, the below is not going to help you crack IELTS. You should have a fair bit of command over the language.

For my preparation, I downloaded IELTS Cambridge ebooks and started my preparation. The problem with ebooks is that there is no timer. You have to do it yourself. Me, being a lazy bum, would get distracted every now and then. On further research, I stumbled upon roadtoielts. This is the official training and practice materials available in the IELTS website. Decided to take the plunge and paid the amount (Don’t bother buying their upsells). In one week I completed all the practice materials and took the test. Here are a few insights I generated.
Could u please share the material with me...
My email id is tomahvish@hotmail.com

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

be patient is all I'd say. 430 isn't a terrible CRS score. Your scores are very low for IELTS; however, the bump in scores by about 3-4 points may be tough for you considering the level you are at.

Miggzy

Jan 15, 2018
For writing I read as many essays as I could. I have a pretty good PDF. If you want it, please post your email and I shall send it across.
For speaking, I just watched videos and practiced with my friend.
Hi there! I'm new in this forum and I read your tips it's very helpful. Can you please send it to my email as well inman.mirabel@gmail.com Thanks in advance.